Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas! Empty Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas!

Post  Paeter April 26th 2017, 11:14 am

With our move this month I'm a little behind where I want to be on Summer Of Free content prep, so I'd especially love any suggestions you guys have on 100% free, undeniably legal, geek entertainment options available to anyone with an internet connection.

Drop your suggestions here and there's a good chance I'll gratefully feature them on the podcast. Thank you so much!

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas! Empty Re: Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas!

Post  fxruizx April 26th 2017, 6:05 pm

Musician RetconX has put out an album of music inspired by X-Men for free and I really like it. It's more of an EP than a full album IMO, but good stuff nonetheless Smile

Resurrxion Vol. 1
    Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas! Postcard-promo
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas! Empty Re: Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas!

Post  AdamCollings April 26th 2017, 6:51 pm

I can personally vouch for the awesomeness of the following.
    There's probably countless more I can find, but this is a start.

A Star Curiously Singing by Kerry Nietz (author of Amish Vampires in Space)
    https://www.amazon.com/Star-Curiously-Singing-DarkTrench-Saga-ebook/dp/B01A2R1RIO/ref=sr_1_1
    this book is permafree on the major eBook retailers.

FireBird by Kathy Tyers
    https://www.amazon.com/Firebird-Kathy-Tyers-ebook/dp/B00NDHC7JY/ref=zg_bs_6190469011_f_7
    A classic of Christian sci-fi. Kathy Tyers has also written for the Star Wars extended universe.

Dreamlander by K.M. Weiland
    A fun portal fantasy which explores some Christian themes. (Sequel is in the works)
    https://www.amazon.com/Dreamlander-K-M-Weiland-ebook/dp/B00A9WU99Q/ref=zg_bs_158440011_f_2

Darkness Reigns by Jill Williamson
    https://www.amazon.com/Darkness-Reigns-Kinsman-Chronicles-Part-ebook/dp/B013EW2SV4/ref=zg_bs_158440011_f_9
    First installment of an episodic novella series. If you love Brandon Sanderson, you'll love Jill Williamson's Kingsman Chronicles.

fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  fxruizx April 26th 2017, 9:19 pm

You need a battle.net account (which is free) and you can download/play the original Starcraft + Brood War expansion for free Very Happy
    https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve April 27th 2017, 4:08 am

Blatant self-promo incoming!

The Ballad of Matthew Smith is 100% free on all ebook platforms and undeniably legal (because I wrote it). It will, admittedly, work best for specific values of 'geek', but I will unashamedly state that the words 'Douglas' and 'Adams' have been used by some readers.

I'll probably put some or more of my other books on free promo over the summer too Smile
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve May 14th 2017, 1:46 am

When does the summer of free run? I'm thinking I may put all my ebooks up for a free promo at the same time for the benefit of listeners, but as amazon only allow 5 free days I'll have to plan in advance to make sure it gets mentioned in time!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 15th 2017, 12:40 pm

UKSteve wrote:When does the summer of free run? I'm thinking I may put all my ebooks up for a free promo at the same time for the benefit of listeners, but as amazon only allow 5 free days I'll have to plan in advance to make sure it gets mentioned in time!

This year it will run from May 26th-August 18th. Keep me posted! Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 21st 2017, 9:53 am

fxruizx wrote:You need a battle.net account (which is free) and you can download/play the original Starcraft + Brood War expansion for free Very Happy
    https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft

I was planning on saving all these up for a "community edition" of The Summer Of Free and so forgot all about this suggestion in the meantime. But prepping for the segment this week I discovered this same thing in PC Gamer (and some other SC related free goodness!), so I'll be mentioning this one this week! Thanks for the suggestion!

Anyone else have some 100% legal, free geek entertainment suggestions? Keep adding them here, as I won't be featuring the community edition of The Summer Of Free until August!

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve July 14th 2017, 4:54 am

Summer of Free reading matter!

Slightly advanced notice in the hope that Pater can give a shoutout on the podacst: all of my current ebooks will be free to download from amazon between July 21st and 25th.

That's the Biblical sci-fi epic Countless as the Stars, and the first two volumes of The Ambivalence Chronicles - a Sci-Fi Comedy in 8 Bits - Bit#3 is coming along soon, so catch up while you can!

The Ballad of Matthew Smith is another sci-fi/fantasy comedy related to The Ambivalence Chronicles, and is permanently free (in deference to the real Matthew Smith). It's also the only one not to get a clean rating, on account of the potty-mouthed rabbit.

You can get them all here or just put Steve Trower into amazon - I seem to be the only one writing books under that name at the moment. Smile

Want Your Free Geek Entertainment Ideas! Banner10
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi July 14th 2017, 7:17 am

UKSteve wrote:Summer of Free reading matter!

Slightly advanced notice in the hope that Pater can give a shoutout on the podacst: all of my current ebooks will be free to download from amazon between July 21st and 25th.

Cool! We took advantage of the 7" Kindle Fire deal on Prime Day (3 for $80) so now I'll have some new books to put on my new Kindle!

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 17th 2017, 11:55 am

UKSteve wrote:Summer of Free reading matter!

Slightly advanced notice in the hope that Pater can give a shoutout on the podacst:

Sweet, thanks! Added this announcement to my notes for this week's show!

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve July 22nd 2017, 2:29 am

[quote="Paeter"]
    UKSteve wrote:Sweet, thanks! Added this announcement to my notes for this week's show!

You pronounced it right! cheers
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 24th 2017, 3:29 pm

UKSteve wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    UKSteve wrote:Sweet, thanks! Added this announcement to my notes for this week's show!

You pronounced it right! cheers

Woohoo! Thank you!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 5:00 pm