Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Podcast Recommendation: The Fear of God

Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Podcast Recommendation: The Fear of God Empty Podcast Recommendation: The Fear of God

Post  Reed Benson April 27th 2017, 5:23 am

I like the Fear of God podcast. It's a couple of Christian film buffs discussing products of the horror genre - primarily movies, but they've also done an episode on Poe's poem "The Raven," and I'm pretty sure they're planning on discussing Stephen King books sometimes. CHristians usually balk at the horror genre, but these two guys find ways to tie these stories into their faith walks.

Also, one of the hosts shares a first name with me, which isn't common.

This is their page on More Than One Lesson (a broader film podcast and blog): http://morethanonelesson.com/category/the-fear-of-god/

Here's their iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fear-of-god/id1146991715?mt=2

They've just finished a series on a few M. Night Shyamalan films that have been polarizing, and they did a series on John Carpenter's work last fall. You probably shouldn't listen to any of the episodes about movies you haven't seen, because they spoil things. I've actually discovered a couple of films that I watched just because they were going to talk about them, such as Bill Paxton's Frailty.
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169

Podcast Recommendation: The Fear of God Empty Re: Podcast Recommendation: The Fear of God

Post  fxruizx April 27th 2017, 6:55 am

Haven't listened to FoG itself but have heard Reed Lackey on its parent podcast More Than One Lesson, and another movie podcast from a couple friends of mine, Feelin' Film. All that to say even though I haven't heard the show specifically, would second your recommendation Very Happy. BTW yay for another person having seen Frailty - really like that movie!!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Podcast Recommendation: The Fear of God Empty Re: Podcast Recommendation: The Fear of God

Post  Paeter April 27th 2017, 10:24 am

Reed Benson wrote:

They've just finished a series on a few M. Night Shyamalan films that have been polarizing, and they did a series on John Carpenter's work last fall. You probably shouldn't listen to any of the episodes about movies you haven't seen, because they spoil things. I've actually discovered a couple of films that I watched just because they were going to talk about them, such as Bill Paxton's Frailty.

Sweet! Gonna check them out for possible inclusion in our links section!

Meanwhile, if you want to hear more blabbing on Frailty, it's one of my favorites!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406

Post  Reed Benson April 27th 2017, 8:58 pm

[quote="Paeter"]
    Reed Benson wrote:
    Meanwhile, if you want to hear more blabbing on Frailty, it's one of my favorites!

Always up for listening to you blab.

By the way, I was wrong before. They're not quite done with their Shyamalan series. They've still got The Sixth Sense to cover on their next episode.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 2:02 am