Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Batman Ninja trailer (English)

Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Batman Ninja trailer (English) Empty Batman Ninja trailer (English)

Post  Reed Benson February 13th 2018, 10:15 pm

The story is intriguing, and the voice acting sounds pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the animation, though. Whenever they use CG still like this with Anime style, it looks like a video game cutscene from a GameCube game or something. I'd like it if I were playing a game, but it doesn't really work for me as a feature film.

Also, sadly, there is at least one "Uh" in the trailer, even in English.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Batman Ninja trailer (English) Empty Re: Batman Ninja trailer (English)

Post  Paeter February 14th 2018, 10:16 am

Gaslight and now this?

Nothing against these stories or the folks who are interested in them. But it seems like they are really scraping the barrel to keep creating Batman stories. (Not in quality necessarily, just in story recognition.) I'd rather have movies about other characters like Flash, GL, the Justice Society... But I know Batman sells only slightly less than sex. So I get it.

Even so, on a personal level, I'd assume (and prefer) they would adapt "The Long Halloween" before these stories.

Anyone know if this is based on a comic story and if so if it's any good?

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson February 14th 2018, 8:09 pm

Paeter wrote:Gaslight and now this?

Nothing against these stories or the folks who are interested in them. But it seems like they are really scraping the barrel to keep creating Batman stories. (Not in quality necessarily, just in story recognition.) I'd rather have movies about other characters like Flash, GL, the Justice Society... But I know Batman sells only slightly less than sex. So I get it.

Even so, on a personal level, I'd assume (and prefer) they would adapt "The Long Halloween" before these stories.

Anyone know if this is based on a comic story and if so if it's any good?

I know Gotham by Gaslight is based on a somewhat popular graphic novel, but this one looks to be an original. There have been a few Batman mangas (manga?), but it doesn't look like this story comes from any of them.

I would love a Long Halloween animated adaptation! Now that you mention it, I'm really surprised they haven't gone to that one. Do Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale have some kind of embargo on it?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter February 15th 2018, 10:24 am

Reed Benson wrote:
    I would love a Long Halloween animated adaptation! Now that you mention it, I'm really surprised they haven't gone to that one. Do Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale have some kind of embargo on it?

No idea. But they've done at least some Loeb adaptations already (the Batman/Superman stuff), so they definitely know his work. I wonder if it's the sheer length of the thing. It's probably about the same length as Dark Knight Returns in word count (and more, I think in page count). That one was tricky to adapt financially because it had to be done in two parts that were sold separately. Maybe they figure Long Halloween isn't worthy of the same risk.

Hoo boy. They should get with Netflix or Amazon or HBO or SOME premium channel and see about doing a miniseries!

Oh man, then the floodgates could open for all KINDS of comic to animation projects!

Good gravy! Re-arranging my office has all my comics in front of me again and thinking about this stuff makes me want to jump back into that world full force!

Oh wait. I think that's actually just my caffeine kicking in. Better wrap this up and get started on my workout!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi February 20th 2018, 2:38 pm

Spoiler: Batman wins.

Twitter
    Instagram

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 4:39 pm