Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

The Batman Trailer

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

The Batman Trailer Empty The Batman Trailer

Post  AdamCollings October 17th 2021, 10:56 pm

What do people think?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Batman Trailer Empty Re: The Batman Trailer

Post  Paeter October 18th 2021, 9:00 pm

Glad you posted this! Wasn't going to make content on it but happy to react here!

I saw the trailer and accompanying Fandome content. Right now I'm just "open". This doesn't hype me, but it does intrigue me a little. He's far less bulky than Affleck or Bale. Feels a bit short, too. But if the character and performance is interesting that will go a long way for me.

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed October 19th 2021, 3:42 pm

I think that trailer looks really cool, especially the last half. I'm preparing myself to be royally disappointed.

Ever since seeing Cosmopolis, I associate Robert Pattinson with complicated artsy films, and after seeing this trailer and not having much revealed by way of plot, I'm almost hoping it's a mind-screw plot where I have to see it multiple times to get it. And by "See it multiple times," I mean "see it once and then read everyone's interpretation of it before seeing it again." I don't know that I should expect that from the director of Cloverfield and War for the Planet of the Apes, though.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings October 19th 2021, 5:34 pm

AGoodReed wrote:I don't know that I should expect that from the director of Cloverfield and War for the Planet of the Apes, though.

You just blew my mind.
    I would have sworn on my life that JJ Abrams directed Cloverfield. It was a big deal back in the day as it was giving us Star Trek fans a taste of what his work was like and what he might bring to his upcoming Star Trek movie. I remember saying "if this is the kind of realism he can give a movie, I can't wait to see the realism he adds to Trek" (turns out lense flare isn't as realistic as JJ thinks it is)

Turns out he didn't even write Cloverfield either. He just produced it. He's not even mentioned on the IMDB page of the movie.

I guess I've been giving him too much credit for Cloverfield all these years.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 8:37 am