Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

The time Nightcrawler got Wolverine to pray

Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

The time Nightcrawler got Wolverine to pray Empty The time Nightcrawler got Wolverine to pray

Post  Reed Benson March 7th 2018, 6:51 pm

I saw this on the geeks Under Grace Facebook page. Unfortunately, this is a Facebook video, so I don't think I can embed it here. But it's a pretty cool blast from the past for me. It's a collection of clips from an episode of X-Men where Nightcrawler did a lot of preaching. He didn't present the Gospel, per se, but he talked a lot about God's great love and was undeterred by skeptics like Wolverine and Gambit. He even got Wolverine to pray at the end.

It's amazing that a loving, confident, non-hypocritical Christian character was allowed on a popular TV show back in the day. Hopefully, this convinced (and still convinces) some seekers to look deeper into God.

Here's the video: https://www.facebook.com/elcoquidenuevayork/videos/10154451670982951/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

The time Nightcrawler got Wolverine to pray Empty Re: The time Nightcrawler got Wolverine to pray

Post  Paeter March 8th 2018, 8:53 am

And hey, if you take the "once saved, always saved" view, Wolverine might even have eternal life! (In the video he said "I used buy into all that.")

www.spiritblade.com
    Archsaint
    Archsaint

Activity : 47
    Geek-Cred : 0

The time Nightcrawler got Wolverine to pray Empty Re: The time Nightcrawler got Wolverine to pray

Post  Archsaint March 8th 2018, 9:06 pm

I remember watching that when I was a kid, good memories. Smile
    The official cannon for the Marvel universe states that its origin is the big bang and evolution, which is not the biblical world view:

http://marvel.com/universe/Marvel_Universe#axzz59DEDh8O9

It always feels weird to me when they throw Christianity in the mix.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson March 9th 2018, 12:22 am

Archsaint wrote:I remember watching that when I was a kid, good memories. Smile
    The official cannon for the Marvel universe states that its origin is the big bang and evolution, which is not the biblical world view:

http://marvel.com/universe/Marvel_Universe#axzz59DEDh8O9

It always feels weird to me when they throw Christianity in the mix.

That's why this episode was so surprising. But I kind of doubt that the writers were thinking about the entirely of the Marvel universe's canon when they put it together.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 9th 2018, 9:53 am

Archsaint wrote:

As a side note, there are many Christians (including some in our community here) who, based on the Biblical text itself, allow for the possibility of Big Bang cosmology and/or some form of evolution. So there are actually multiple origin views that are arguably "biblical". But that's really a discussion for another thread if someone feels like starting one.

www.spiritblade.com
    Archsaint
    Archsaint

Activity : 47
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Archsaint March 9th 2018, 3:35 pm

Reed Benson wrote:That's why this episode was so surprising. But I kind of doubt that the writers were thinking about the entirely of the Marvel universe's canon when they put it together.

That’s probably true. I wonder how much little stuff like that had an influence on me towards Christianity; didn’t get saved until I was a teenager.

Paeter wrote:As a side note, there are many Christians (including some in our community here) who, based on the Biblical text itself, allow for the possibility of Big Bang cosmology and/or some form of evolution. So there are actually multiple origin views that are arguably "biblical". But that's really a discussion for another thread if someone feels like starting one.

Yeah, that’s not surprising. I personally don’t see it, unless one attributes “Let there be light” to an explosion, and microevolution to variations within the kinds. I can see that (especially the latter). But the other stuff, not at all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 2:56 pm