Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Uncharted Fan Film With Nathan Fillion

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Uncharted Fan Film With Nathan Fillion Empty Uncharted Fan Film With Nathan Fillion

Post  Paeter July 16th 2018, 3:02 pm

Fillion teased that something was coming, and this was the secret! Something fans have wanted to see for years, and done really well, I think!

For context, fans of the PS4 exclusive "Uncharted" series have clamored for Fillion to play this role on the big screen, as it's totally the kind of role he was made for. But since Tom Holland (Spider-man) has already been cast for an upcoming Uncharted movie, as a young Nathan Drake just starting out, it seemed unlikely that Fillion would ever get a shot at a role made for long-term franchising, given his age.

I'll give my thoughts on what this film could do below. Enjoy watching!

I don't know where production is at on the Uncharted movie with Tom Holland, but I can see them still having time to film some very brief bookend scenes that use Nathan Fillion as an older Nathan Drake telling stories of his youth to someone else. Then, in a follow-up movie, they could bring Fillion in a lot more by writing a script about some artifact that played a role in Drake's early career but also comes back to haunt him in a new adventure when he's older. A sort of cleverly written story that bounces back and forth between past and present, giving almost equal time to both time periods. (Could have some great, multi-generational appeal!)

But in my mind, that is the very best case scenario. No matter how popular this fan film might become, it may sadly have no influence on the Hollywood suits. And I definitely can't imagine the currently developing movie being scrapped to swap in Fillion and ditch Holland.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this film, though! I haven't even played the games, but this makes me want to give them a try! (Especially after watching that "third-person shooter" sequence! I almost giggled when I realized what they were doing for fans there.)

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Uncharted Fan Film With Nathan Fillion Empty Re: Uncharted Fan Film With Nathan Fillion

Post  AdamCollings July 17th 2018, 12:53 am

WOW!

Fillion was born to play Nathan Drake. That was fantastic. The only thing that could have made it better was if it had Claudia Black reprising her role as Chloe.

I had no idea there was an Uncharted movie in the works. But Tom Holland?
    Don't get me wrong, the flashback scene of a young Nathan in Uncharted 3 was interesting, but I'm not sure I want an entire feature-length Uncharted: The Teen Years.

What you describe, however, could work.

Now I want to buy a PS4 so I can play Uncharted 4!

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 4:00 pm