Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

"What Star Trek Got RIGHT About Jesus" (video)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

"What Star Trek Got RIGHT About Jesus" (video) Empty "What Star Trek Got RIGHT About Jesus" (video)

Post  AGoodReed May 29th 2021, 12:50 pm

Not common for David Wood's channel, but he has shown himself to be a fan of certain sci-fi and Anime shows in the past.

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

"What Star Trek Got RIGHT About Jesus" (video) Empty Re: "What Star Trek Got RIGHT About Jesus" (video)

Post  AdamCollings May 30th 2021, 7:00 pm

"What do you call those?"
    "I call them ears."
    "Are you trying to be funny?"
    "Never."

Love that exchange!

I've always loved this episode. I got such goosebumps the first time I saw the ending. This video does a great job of examining the themes and how they reflect the truth of Christian history.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

"What Star Trek Got RIGHT About Jesus" (video) Empty Re: "What Star Trek Got RIGHT About Jesus" (video)

Post  Paeter May 31st 2021, 11:52 am

Interesting video! (And an LOL ending!)

Wood is an interesting guy with an interesting approach to evangelism. (Mocking his opponents.)

I initially recoiled at some of his content, and I still have some concerns, but I've also appreciated some points he's made in defense of his approach. (My greater concern is in how others may imitate him without the same tactical thoughtfulness and love that do seem to exist at the heart of what he does.)

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed May 31st 2021, 4:27 pm

Paeter wrote:Interesting video! (And an LOL ending!)

Wood is an interesting guy with an interesting approach to evangelism. (Mocking his opponents.)

I initially recoiled at some of his content, and I still have some concerns, but I've also appreciated some points he's made in defense of his approach. (My greater concern is in how others may imitate him without the same tactical thoughtfulness and love that do seem to exist at the heart of what he does.)

Yeah, I think he takes it a bit too far sometimes, but I recognize that he's a diagnosed sociopath/psychopath (he's said both), so the lines are probably pretty blurry for him. I see his reasoning for the aggressive tactics he takes against Muslims - in their culture, they don't really respect you unless you go at them hard - but I don't know if the same approach should be used against, say, the British government. He tries to attack ideologies more than people, but that's a fine line sometimes.

I do envy his seeming ability to be unflappable in the face of pretty much any attack on him or his family. That may be related to his sociopathy/psychopathy, too.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 1st 2021, 12:14 pm

AGoodReed wrote:

Yeah, I think he takes it a bit too far sometimes, but I recognize that he's a diagnosed sociopath/psychopath (he's said both), so the lines are probably pretty blurry for him.

Yeah, for anyone curious, he has a really interesting story, which he shares on a dedicated video of his channel. Really worth watching.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings June 1st 2021, 6:57 pm

Now that's very interesting.

Y'know, we hear terms like "Psychopath" and to a lesser degree "sociopath" and we interpret that to mean criminally insane murderer. But those words have actual definitions, and having those conditions doesn't necessarily make somebody evil. (I believe Sherlock Holmes was written as a sociopath in the BBC modern-day retelling "Sherlock")

We could probably all benefit from educating ourselves more on what these terms actually mean. I know I could. I'll be very interested to check out the video you mention above, Paeter.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed June 2nd 2021, 8:57 am

AdamCollings wrote:Now that's very interesting.

Y'know, we hear terms like "Psychopath" and to a lesser degree "sociopath" and we interpret that to mean criminally insane murderer. But those words have actual definitions, and having those conditions doesn't necessarily make somebody evil. (I believe Sherlock Holmes was written as a sociopath in the BBC modern-day retelling "Sherlock")

We could probably all benefit from educating ourselves more on what these terms actually mean. I know I could. I'll be very interested to check out the video you mention above, Paeter.

Here, I'll just post it. It's over half an hour because he pauses as he walks through parts of a subway station and back out. It's all significant to his story, and he claims he did it all in one take.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 2nd 2021, 12:06 pm

Thanks, Reed! I didn't have time to find it myself, but yeah, well worth watching. And I noticed when I did that it was all one take, which is one reason it was so striking.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 8:33 pm