Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Coffeehouse: How should the asssurance of a Christian's future affect the way we behave now?

WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Coffeehouse: How should the asssurance of a Christian's future affect the way we behave now? Empty Coffeehouse: How should the asssurance of a Christian's future affect the way we behave now?

Post  WhiteBoy April 11th 2011, 11:20 am

I've been slacking on doing the coffehouse questions here on the forum and it's been for a couple reasons. Sometimes I don't have time to respond and I kinda feel dumb starting the thread without adding my two cents. Plus, TBH, I was hoping others would start the threads. Smile

Anyway, I think this one is a good one. I was looking forward to Paeter talking about this. Yes, Paeter, count me as one of the ones who was disappointed you didn't dig deeper into election and free will. This is one of the most exciting doctrines to me and was looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

In answer to the coffeehouse question, I will simply say that we behave according to way Christ would want us to as a result of our salvation, not in order to gain salvation. It is a result of our new nature that we are given at the point of salvation. This is quite different than other religions as you pointed out in your podcast.

As always, more to be said, but low on time. I'm eager to hear others' contributions. Smile

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 12:02 pm