Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Coffeehouse: What are the potential dangers of over-emphasizing free will or God's control over the other?

WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Coffeehouse: What are the potential dangers of over-emphasizing free will or God's control over the other? Empty Coffeehouse: What are the potential dangers of over-emphasizing free will or God's control over the other?

Post  WhiteBoy May 4th 2011, 6:35 pm

First off, I think you did an excellent job explaining a complex, sometimes confusing topic. Thanks for tackling the issue, Paeter.

A danger I see of emphasizing free will over God's control is an incomplete, very small view of God. God is the incredible, omnipotent Creator. He is in control of everything in His creation, but we tend to have a problem with that when it comes to us.

The danger I see of emphasizing God's control over free will is trying claim lack of responsibility. No responsibility to witness to the lost, to minister to others, or for their own sin.

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 7:24 pm