Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Thick, Green Mucus

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Thick, Green Mucus Empty Thick, Green Mucus

Post  Paeter May 14th 2012, 2:59 pm

That's what feels like is "on my brain". Or at least in my head. Glad I got the podcast done, cause my body gave out on me Friday night. Chills, cough, mucus, aches....bleh. This is one of those rare times when I'm actually GRATEFUL I don't have any CD orders to process and get to the post office. (But don't let that stop you! I'm sure I'll feel better soon!)

What's crazy is that Holly and I have a history of pretty rockin' immune systems. Sure, that changed a bit when we started having kids, but we still avoid a lot that others get. And yet this year, we've had almost a steady stream of different bugs coming in and out of our home since February. EXTREMELY frustrating when you're just one guy trying to maintain a predictable presence on the web. (Three posts a week usually requiring study/research/review time, a podcast and daily e-mails, etc.)

And this weekend marks the first time that everyone in our home has been sick with the same nasty bug at the same time. (Not cool, as I'm sure you more seasoned parents know.) On the bright side, we've already taken the boys to the doctor this morning and Holly and I will be seeing our doctor in just a couple hours. (Oh blessed antibiotics!)

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Thick, Green Mucus Empty Re: Thick, Green Mucus

Post  tmorrill May 15th 2012, 3:37 pm

Sounds like what I've caught. Only my mucus is clear. Hope y'all get better quickly.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 16th 2012, 9:49 pm

Bummer. Clear mucus usually means its viral, right? No antibiotics to fix it for you. Not cool. Rest up and feel better! A great excuse to catch up on reading or other fat-producing geek activities!

I sound terrible and am still getting my energy back, but I've had just enough time to produce content for this week's podcast, so I don't think I'll need to cancel it.

The rest of my family also seems to be improving. Thanks, tmorill!

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill May 18th 2012, 1:39 am

Paeter wrote:Bummer. Clear mucus usually means its viral, right? No antibiotics to fix it for you. Not cool. Rest up and feel better! A great excuse to catch up on reading or other fat-producing geek activities!

I sound terrible and am still getting my energy back, but I've had just enough time to produce content for this week's podcast, so I don't think I'll need to cancel it.

The rest of my family also seems to be improving. Thanks, tmorill!

I couldn't tell you which one's which. Although the morning after I posted that my mucus turned a rich and mighty green! After spending the last two days laying on a variety of couches, floors, and bed I'm feelin' better. I think it was my body telling me it didn't appreciate the rapid change from humidity to a desert.

Maybe while your voice is hoarse you could do a podcast as the evil-Paetor or something? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 9:43 pm