Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Transformers the ride 3D (my first reveiw)

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Transformers the ride 3D (my first reveiw) Empty Transformers the ride 3D (my first reveiw)

Post  Rickster May 31st 2012, 3:10 am

Transformers the Ride 3D

I’ve never been a big fan of the Transformers. While I remember watching the original cartoon as a kid the only thing I remember from the show was the theme song and I thought the movies were just ok not great. So when I heard that Universal Studios Hollywood was making a ride based on the on the movie franchise I had two thoughts where in the park was it going to be located and what was it going to be like? The answer to the first one is in the building that used to house the Special effects stage and Back draft show and the answer to the second is it’s Awesome.

STORY
    Like most story based rides, you are exposed to the story while in line. As you wait, TV monitors explain that you are new NEST (Non-biological Extraterrestrial Species Treaty) Recruits, going through your training and orientation. When the base you’re at is attacked by Decepticons, you, and an Stealth Transport Autobot named Evac, must race through the city in order to protect the last fragment of the All-Spark (the alien cube from the first movie) and keep it out of Megatron’s hands. How this happens would make Michael Bay, who was a collaborator for the ride, proud.
    There is a little bit of a character arc with Evac. Everyone has doubts about him,and think it’s a mistake sending out a bot with no field experience. Especially, with new recruits who are still in their training, except for Optimus Prime of course. There are some funny dialogs between Evac and “robot voice lady” who gives you the safety instructions. Evac himself isn’t sure if hi is up to the challenge, (spoiler alert) but, he, of course, ends up becoming a hero and saves the day. All in a 5 minute ride

Experience
    OK so enough about the story it is a ride after all. After receiving your 3D glasses or Protective eye wear as they are called in the ride you are rushed to Evac who holds 12 guest (4 guest per row 3 rows each) . The ride is a hybrid of a fast moving traditional track (dark ride) and a motion simulator. Which I hear is similar to the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man ride at Universal Studios Florida. Evac drives to a screen where you see a Decepticon grabs the All-spark fragment then Evac drives to next screen where Bumblebee stops the Decepticon and gives fragment to you and then you go from 3D screen to 3D screen while smoke, fire and water effects give the experience that you’re really in this world. At the end of the ride you are greeted by cast members who will collect your glasses (if you try to leave with them an alarm will sound) and you head out to your next destination.

Grade
    This ride is defiantly a can’t miss so if you’re going to be in the LA area and going to visit the park be sure to hit the lower lot to see Transformers the Ride 3D

Height Restrictions
    Kids have to be 40” tall to ride and they have to be 48” to be able to ride without an adult (I should also warn you that word damn is mentioned a few times and Bumblebee’s voice box messes up as he’s about to say ass during the pre-ride video just in case that is something your sensitive to)
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Transformers the ride 3D (my first reveiw) Empty Re: Transformers the ride 3D (my first reveiw)

Post  Drew.Rub May 31st 2012, 5:05 pm

Rickster wrote:Transformers the Ride 3D

This ride is defiantly a can’t miss so if you’re going to be in the LA area and going to visit the park be sure to hit the lower lot to see Transformers the Ride 3D

So, this is only in LA, or is it at Disney Orlando as well?
    Rickster
    Rickster

Transformers the ride 3D (my first reveiw) Empty Re: Transformers the ride 3D (my first reveiw)

Post  Rickster May 31st 2012, 5:31 pm

As of right now the ride is only at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Singapore (which I didn't know there was a Universal in Singapore)
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub May 31st 2012, 8:12 pm

Bummer, since my wife and I aren't planning any west coast or international trips anytime soon.

WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy June 1st 2012, 10:36 am

Sounds like a great ride, man. I love the Spider-man ride @ Universal Orlando. sounds like maybe as good as that one.

Post  Rickster June 2nd 2012, 2:18 am

WhiteBoy wrote:Sounds like a great ride, man. I love the Spider-man ride @ Universal Orlando. sounds like maybe as good as that one.

I've never been to Orlando so I haven't been on the ride, I really want to though.
    Actually When I learned that this ride was like the Spiderman one I was disappointed they didn't just make the Spidermand ride here.
    Spiderman trumps Transformers any day
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington June 2nd 2012, 11:27 am

Rickster wrote:Spiderman trumps Transformers any day

Oh Yeah! Very Happy
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 4th 2012, 5:44 pm

Great review, Rickster! Mind if I use it on the show?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster June 4th 2012, 6:53 pm

Sure, do you want me to email you a copy of it?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 5th 2012, 5:26 pm

Rickster wrote:Sure, do you want me to email you a copy of it?

Sounds great! Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster June 6th 2012, 4:17 am

I have to say writing a review was one of the hardest thing I've done
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub June 7th 2012, 7:46 am

I just reviewed Snow White. Writing the review wasn't that hard.....calling it in and recording it was.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 7:18 pm