Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

TGCs and CCGs for tween boys and girls

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

TGCs and CCGs for tween boys and girls Empty TGCs and CCGs for tween boys and girls

Post  jorowi November 3rd 2015, 8:54 am

Three of my kids are having fun playing Pokemon and I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for other card games they might like. Their ages range from 9 to 12. I'd prefer TCGs over CCGs because I want to be able to purchase a working decks they can play rather than having to build a deck through purchasing tons of booster packs (like MtG). Bonus points if there are any Christian TCGs out there.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

TGCs and CCGs for tween boys and girls Empty Re: TGCs and CCGs for tween boys and girls

Post  Paeter November 3rd 2015, 10:55 am

jorowi wrote:Three of my kids are having fun playing Pokemon and I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for other card games they might like. Their ages range from 9 to 12. I'd prefer TCGs over CCGs because I want to be able to purchase a working decks they can play rather than having to build a deck through purchasing tons of booster packs (like MtG). Bonus points if there are any Christian TCGs out there.

With MtG you can buy pre-made decks that are a lot of fun to play and never even touch the booster packs unless you want to play competitively. There may be other TCGs that are the same. Have you looked at Yu Gi Oh? My nephews like that one. Redemption is a Christian game but also a CCG.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

TGCs and CCGs for tween boys and girls Empty Re: TGCs and CCGs for tween boys and girls

Post  jorowi November 3rd 2015, 5:40 pm

Trying to avoid MtG for now because of some of the artwork. There's already enough talk about "bewbs" around here with 2 boys.

Twitter
    Instagram
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers November 4th 2015, 10:16 am

Might I recommend the fellows at "Saving the Game" podcast?
    This would be right up their alley.
    Give them a ring at https://www.facebook.com/groups/gamestoreprophets/
    or listen to an episode they did about ccgs.
    http://savingthegame.podbean.com/e/bonus-episode-7-collectible-card-games/
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy November 4th 2015, 9:21 pm

I enjoyed Android: Netrunner which is one of Fantasy Flight's "Living Card Games" or for a couple of games that give you a similar experience without the collecting you might check out  Summoner Wars or Nightfall.

Admin

Post  jorowi November 5th 2015, 8:10 am

WhiteBoy wrote:I enjoyed Android: Netrunner which is one of Fantasy Flight's "Living Card Games" or for a couple of games that give you a similar experience without the collecting you might check out  Summoner Wars or Nightfall.

Thanks, WhiteBoy (whom I suspect is actually purple).

mikel.withers wrote:Might I recommend the fellows at "Saving the Game" podcast?

I plan to reach out to them too, thanks.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 5th 2015, 11:33 am

jorowi wrote:Trying to avoid MtG for now because of some of the artwork. There's already enough talk about "bewbs" around here with 2 boys.
    Oh, jeez of course! Sorry! Didn't think of the age range you mentioned when I answered.

I'd also agree that Fantasy Flight Games' "Living Card Game" format is worth looking into, although I'm not sure if they sell pre-built decks that are ready to play. Think they do, but I'm not sure.

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy November 5th 2015, 8:06 pm

jorowi wrote:Thanks, WhiteBoy (whom I suspect is actually purple).

affraid How'd you guess?!   confused  Suspect

Paeter wrote:I'd also agree that Fantasy Flight Games' "Living Card Game" format is worth looking into, although I'm not sure if they sell pre-built decks that are ready to play. Think they do, but I'm not sure.

The concept of the Living Card Game is that they still have frequent update packs, but when you buy the pack, you get all the cards in that release.  Think of it as frequent mini-expansion packs. So, instead of buying countless numbers of packs or having to go to the third-party market in order to get the card(s) you want, you just need to buy that pack and you have the card included.

Fantasy Flight does have "Draft Packs" (for Android: Netrunner, at least) so players can play in a drafting format.  I believe they may be the pre-built decks, but I don't know much about it so you'd need to check into it further.  Here is a link to a FAQ for info about that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 5:41 pm