Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

No Exercising and Weekend With My Lady!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

No Exercising and Weekend With My Lady! Empty No Exercising and Weekend With My Lady!

Post  Paeter September 12th 2017, 9:31 am

I'm not exercising right now! Woohoo!

Well, it's not all good. I've gotten into the habit enough that I feel satisfaction from it and can almost feel my waistline expanding when I don't work out.

But the reason I've developed the habit is because we set aside a little extra "fun money" (we budget weekly personal spending allotments) that I get to have after completing a full work week of working out twice a day. But this week I'll be out of town on Thursday and Friday, making it more trouble than it's worth to me to complete my workouts for the week... which means I'm taking the WHOLE WEEK OFF! (From exercising, anyway.)

So that's nice. And the other nice bonus is getting away with Holly. About once a year since we started having kids, we've made it a priority to get away for a weekend by ourselves. My parents can't watch the boys on Sundays, so we're starting our "weekend" a little early. Just staying at a hotel a couple hours from here (in Prescott), where we'll probably just wander downtown antique stores without buying anything. But it will be REALLY nice to get away for a quick breather.

Alright, back to work for now!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

No Exercising and Weekend With My Lady! Empty Re: No Exercising and Weekend With My Lady!

Post  AdamCollings September 12th 2017, 6:19 pm

Have a wonderful time with Holly.

My wife and I do the same thing, often on our wedding anniversary.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

No Exercising and Weekend With My Lady! Empty Re: No Exercising and Weekend With My Lady!

Post  Reed Benson September 12th 2017, 9:57 pm

That sounds lovely. I'll have to remember to set up something similar if/when my wife and I ever have a kid/kids.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 14th 2017, 10:14 am

Okey doke. I think I've got all my essential work done. Time to get ready for our trip!

Hope you all have a great weekend! See you guys on Monday!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 18th 2017, 11:10 am

The "weekend" away was great. We got back Saturday night after a great couple of days being reminded of who we are when there are no kids to be responsible for. So much fun, so relaxing and I think just what we needed before coming back and launching into what it always a very busy fall season.

Capped off the weekend last night with my monthly D&D group, in which I smeared poop on my possessions and unleashed lightning and fire upon my enemies. Good times.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 10:21 am