Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Justice league vs. The Fatal Five (Return of the Bruce Timm universe)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Justice league vs. The Fatal Five (Return of the Bruce Timm universe) Empty Justice league vs. The Fatal Five (Return of the Bruce Timm universe)

Post  AGoodReed February 5th 2019, 9:02 pm

It's the return of the Justice League Unlimited universe! Kevin Conroy! George Newbern! Susan Eisenberg! Plus they introduce Miss Martian and the new lady Green Lantern, and we get some Legion of Super Heroes villains.

Looks promising to me, and it surely can't be worse than the last Timm-verse film, Batman and Harley Quinn. That one was not my cup of tea.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Justice league vs. The Fatal Five (Return of the Bruce Timm universe) Empty Re: Justice league vs. The Fatal Five (Return of the Bruce Timm universe)

Post  Paeter February 6th 2019, 10:56 am

I'm combining the two threads on this and pasting my previous comments here:

Consider me interested!

BUT...

The nostalgia play to fans of the animated series comes at the cost of animation quality. For better and worse, this looks like late 90's animation (churned out for a weekly show) that they want me to pay a 2019 blu-ray movie price for. Not sure I'm up for that. Has redbox written all over it for me.

But after the inevitable bargain bin price drop? Chances are pretty decent! And I heard they are going to be dealing with issues of psychological stress and PTSD, which I really appreciate being brought into fantastical stories.

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Justice league vs. The Fatal Five (Return of the Bruce Timm universe) Empty Re: Justice league vs. The Fatal Five (Return of the Bruce Timm universe)

Post  AGoodReed February 6th 2019, 6:45 pm

Paeter wrote:The nostalgia play to fans of the animated series comes at the cost of animation quality. For better and worse, this looks like late 90's animation (churned out for a weekly show) that they want me to pay a 2019 blu-ray movie price for. Not sure I'm up for that. Has redbox written all over it for me.

Yeah, that makes sense. When I lived in the U.S., I rarely bought DVDs at full price anyway. I'd rent them or stream them first, and if I liked them enough, I'd scour used DVD stores and Amazon Marketplace for used copies. And I never buy Blu-rays because I'm too cheap to get a Blu-ray player.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 6:56 pm