Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
jorowi
AdamCollings
6 posters

The Waist-Loss Challenge

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Waist-Loss Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: The Waist-Loss Challenge

Post  Paeter September 22nd 2020, 12:45 pm

I posted an update on the thing with my ears here: https://spiritblade.forumotion.com/t3008-released-from-jury-service-and-my-ears-are-fine#17233

And as some of you know already, I hit 36 inches, the target goal of my weight loss endeavor, on Saturday! More to report on this week's episode of the CGC podcast!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Waist-Loss Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: The Waist-Loss Challenge

Post  Paeter October 5th 2020, 12:17 pm

Well, my "Weekly Waistline" podcast segment may be over, but I've gotten so used to giving updates to you guys that I find myself still wanting to share!

After two weekends of celebrating, with weekdays not super strict either, I measured 37.5 last Wednesday(compared to 36inch waist at victory). I told myself that I want to always stay below 38, so that's definitely more of an increase than I wanted. But after a few more days I was down to 37.25, so I think it will be manageable. However...

Because I kept making changes to my dietary tactics in the final month, we have ended up with a surplus of food types in our fridge and freezer that I bought and then didn't eat due to a course change. So our grocery funding has gone into the red compared to its allotted budget and we need to just eat what we have and try to dodge a grocery trip this coming weekend if possible.

Realizing that I wouldn't be able to control my diet very well for a couple weeks led me to finally give in to some of the celebration food leftovers I was planning to save until extra life. Not a ton, but combined with some of the other things I'll be eating this week and next I'm bracing for either a return to 37.5(hopefully not more) or at least a lack of further decrease.

Hoping to get down to at least 37 again before Halloween. I'm gonna want some candy! But right now I need to give better attention to our finances, knowing I can start shopping better after getting through what we already have.

It helped me treat myself when my wife said I looked trim and fit as I was singing up front this Sunday. I shouldn't care, but it was nice to hear, especially from her. I just see the big change in my face when editing youtube videos and using old bumpers. I don't want to edit a video in the coming weeks and not see that difference as much anymore.

Ah well, lots of dumb vanity in the mix, as has always been the case. But some of it is also just the fact that I put so much work in over the year and in the last few months that I really don't want to see the progress lost. I'm sure some of you can relate.

And yet, if my wife is happy, I think I can be pretty happy to. ;-)

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 3:53 pm