Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog! Empty Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog!

Post  Paeter January 26th 2012, 12:34 am

Hey Everybody,

As you might have read before seeing this, I'll be changing things up a little and launching a new blog soon. You can get caught up on the details here:
    http://spiritblade.blogspot.com/2012/01/upcoming-changes-and-special-feature.html

What I need help with is what to call this blog. I want it to be easy to remember, but not so vague that it gets lost with every other blog or site containing the basic words: Christian, geek, nerd, etc...

Here are some words and ideas I'm throwing on the table. Any thoughts or questions you have would be welcome! Just blurt out whatever. I'm totally in brainstorming mode here. Thanks!

Christian, Nerd, Fan, Geek, Jesus, Bible, Faith, Fanboy...

A celebration and exploration of nerd culture light of the Bible.
    Reviews, exploration of ideas in fiction and gaming.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog! Empty Re: Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog!

Post  Paeter January 31st 2012, 10:11 pm

Okay, so my thoughts are still bubbling in a pot of ideas regarding the new direction of the blog(s).

What would you guys think of me moving the reviews to the SBU blog and changing the tone of that blog to be more about geek culture from a biblical perspective. I'd still keep in search of truth and one post per week about company/project updates, but the third post, and any additional posts, would be focused on Geek culture.

I haven't looked into all of bloggers options yet, but I'm hoping that if I go this route I could set up multiple feeds so that those who are only interested in one category of posts could just follow those (In Search Of Truth, Company Updates or Reviews/Geek Culture).

As I said in the blog post I linked to above, I feel like my personal/random thoughts find a better home here on the forums, and I think something like this scenario would help centralize (a word I stole from Nathan James Norman in talking about this) the presence of SBP and also bring more focus to what I'm doing on the web.

Any thoughts, questions or alternative suggestions?

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog! Empty Re: Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog!

Post  Hackmodford February 1st 2012, 11:32 am

As a side note: I think it is possible to use the forums themselves as a blogging platform.

Nope totally wrong... Embarassed this is either a blog or a forum not both.

Carry on...

Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog! UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike February 1st 2012, 5:38 pm

Remember that forums tend to invite discussion, while blog posts do not. Also, Hack is correct, the forum does not include software to generate the RSS feed that defines a blog's function.

Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford February 1st 2012, 5:39 pm

Also, Hack is correct, the forum does not include software to generate the RSS feed that defines a blog's function.

It does... you just can't have both of both worlds. It appears the formation site can provide a blogging service as well as a forum service but not both at the same time.

Need Help Brainstorming For new Blog! UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 1st 2012, 7:42 pm

mindspike wrote:Remember that forums tend to invite discussion, while blog posts do not. Also, Hack is correct, the forum does not include software to generate the RSS feed that defines a blog's function.

Good point to consider. Do you think I should make a habit of re-posting some or all of my blog posts here in the future? Currently, I do this with all review posts and on rare occasions a company news related post. What do you think?

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 11:41 am