Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Nathan James Norman
Rickster
6 posters

Ducktales the video game

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Ducktales the video game Empty Ducktales the video game

Post  Rickster March 23rd 2013, 1:35 pm

They are remastering the original Ducktales NES game for the PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii U. I'm really excited for this and hope that they do this for the Chip n Dale rescue rangers and Darkwing Duck NES game too

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/22/4136816/ducktales-remastered-pax-east-capcom

Last edited by Rickster on March 24th 2013, 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Ducktales the video game Empty Re: Ducktales the video game

Post  Nathan James Norman March 23rd 2013, 10:12 pm

this is soooooo cool!
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 24th 2013, 12:56 am

Just wondering, are games like this and Mario and the like genuinely great games or is it more of a nostalgia factor? I never played that type of game so I have no nostalgia for them and they just don't interest me. On the flip side there are old games that I played growing up and I love but they might not actually be as great as some of the current games, but I like they just as much if not more because of nostalgia. Smile
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf March 24th 2013, 4:54 pm

DNArington wrote:Just wondering, are games like this and Mario and the like genuinely great games or is it more of a nostalgia factor?
    I guess that depends on the type of games you already like. If you like "twitch" games (so we know that Paeter's out), they're often still quite fun. I'm finding myself leaning more and more to the retro games myself, and it's not just because I remember playing them as a teenager. Sometimes I play older games I never got around to playing then (like Castlevania IV) and they're still great.
    For me the appeal of the 2-D platformer is the simplicity. I enjoy 3-D games, but they can often frustrate players by making things artificially difficult with bad/deceptive cameras and pop-up details that, if you'd known the thing in question was there earlier (like you would have been able to see if this was real life) you would have done things differently. 2-D games are simpler. When you can't pass a level of a GOOD 2-D game (and believe you me, there are LOTS of bad ones), you at least know what it is that keeps victory from your grasp.
    I would highly recommend Mario 3 or Super Mario World (both are purchaseable on the Wii Network at least, and maybe DS, too) if you want to check some out. Mario controls VERY well and the difficulty curve is almost always gentle. If you don't get into a game like that, you probably wouldn't like the trickier 2-D games like the Castlevanias, Mega-Mans and, to bring it back to topic, Duck Tales.
    Hope that helps, DNArington!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 25th 2013, 7:31 pm

I would also HIGHLY recommend the hugely popular and acclaimed Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night. A PS1 game that is also on XBOX Live for pretty cheap. A combo of 2D platformer and action RPG. It spawned an entirely new way to make Castlevania games, which they continued on the Nintendo handhelds beginning with Castlevania: Circle Of The Moon (which I have already written a retro review for and will be featuring on the show soon!).

The Castlevania series produced repeated lackluster titles when they entered 3D gameplay, but the 2D "Symphony Of he Night" clones they kept making on handhelds are MUCH more my style. SOTN may still be the best of the breed, though. So I'd download the demo if you can and give it a try.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 26th 2013, 12:21 am

Dunadwarf wrote:
    Hope that helps, DNArington!

Absolutely, Thanks Dunadwarf!
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels March 26th 2013, 12:13 pm

Dude I loved that show!! Sadly I've yet to give into the newer consoles. Looks cool though, thanks!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster March 31st 2013, 9:56 pm

They had the game at WonderCon and on Friday I waited over 30 minutes to play the game and Saturday the line was even longer so there is defiantly a want for this game

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 10:35 pm