Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Doctor Who my review on the show

katyasha
    katyasha

Activity : 31
    Geek-Cred : 0

Doctor Who my review on the show  Empty Doctor Who my review on the show

Post  katyasha April 11th 2013, 7:07 pm

When I was little I turned on the TV to PBS during the weekend and watched a show about a time lord calling himself the Doctor(Doctor Who). I got hooked onto the show and every weekend I watch to find out what will happen to him and his wild adventures though time and space.
    Doctor Who for those out there don't know what it is, it's a British science fiction television program produced by the BBC back in 1963 to 1989 and later return in 2005. Along with a succession of companions, the Doctor faces a variety of foes while working to save civilizations, help ordinary people, and right wrongs while riding in a blue British police box named the Tardis though out time and space itself.
    The show has gotten tons awards including the British Academy Television Award for Best Drama Series to the Peabody Awards also it was in the Guinness World Records as the longest-running science fiction television show in the world and as the "most successful" science fiction series of all time—based on its over-all broadcast ratings, DVD and book sales,action figures, audio dramas, and as a My Little Pony charter as well.
    Eleven actors have headlined the series as the Doctor. The transition from one actor to another is written into the plot of the show as regeneration, a life process of Time Lords through which the character of the Doctor takes on a new body and, to some extent, new personality, which occurs when sustaining injury which would be fatal to most other species. Although each portrayal is different, and on occasions the various incarnations have even met one another, they are all meant to be aspects of the same character.
    But in all this show is an edge of you seat ride while avoiding the Dalek's, Cybormen, and Weeping Angels at the same time hoping that the sonic screwdriver still works. If your intrusted of checking out the series your can check it out on DVD, NetFlicks, Hulu, and the new season of it on BBC America.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Doctor Who my review on the show  Empty Re: Doctor Who my review on the show

Post  Nathan James Norman April 15th 2013, 1:25 pm

I agree! Great show!!!!
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve April 19th 2013, 10:34 am

I think something has been lacking in the last couple of episodes... maybe it's just the whole Clara thing needs a while to kick in properly (although she's been in 4 episodes now, how long does she need?), or maybe we were just spoilt with some of the Tenth Doctor's stories.

Still, I watched it right through the Colin Baker years, so I'm not likely to stop now! The Doctor is cool. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 12:25 pm