Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Favorite Game Soundtrack

Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Favorite Game Soundtrack Empty Favorite Game Soundtrack

Post  Drew.Rub October 15th 2013, 4:05 pm

Think of all the video games you've played.

Think of epic scenes in the game.

Think of the music soundtrack that was played for that scene.

Now think out of all of those which is the most epic, unforgettable, totally awesome combination of all.

What's the game, what's the scene, and what's the music like?

For me, nothing beats 1 of 2 scenes from Mass Effect 2. Mostly because the music for both scenes are the same (one's just a slightly pared down version of the other).

Scene 1: Music selection is entitled "Suicide run". Shepard has just given the inspirational "let's go beat them" speech, and the team is gearing up for the assault on the Collector base. Awesome scene as the Normandy storms through the relay and starts blasting away. Soundtrack is incredibly driving, with driving horns and a pounding drum line, with a slight "angelic" choir tone to break it up.

Scene 2: Music selection in entitled "End Run". This is literally one of the final scenes as Shepard (you) has defeated the Collector baddie and is making a bolt for the Normandy as the station is falling apart around him. it's a slightly pared version of the same song as above. Same driving drums and horns.

I own the soundtrack, if you want to hear it, let me know. I'll share the two song files with you. Not sure how awesome you would find the song w/o the visual reference, but I personally think they are awesome.
    Dreamerhorwitz
    Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 77
    Geek-Cred : 4

Favorite Game Soundtrack Empty Re: Favorite Game Soundtrack

Post  Dreamerhorwitz October 15th 2013, 8:30 pm

Nice! Smile

I'm going with the battle music from FF9. whenever I hear that music, I know I'm in for a showdown!
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington October 15th 2013, 11:37 pm

I don't normally notice the score of a movie or game unless it is really good or really bad, and until recently I just hadn't really noticed any video-game music in general. I just recently played through The Last of Us (review coming soon on the Helix Reviews podcast!) and it wasn't any one point of music that I loved nesasrily, but the theme is fantastic and perfectly fits and sets the mood.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 16th 2013, 7:08 pm

I REALLY want to say Skyrim. That main theme with a "barbarian choir" as the game director called it, and epic orchestra is just awesome. But cranking it up a notch further is the score from God Of War 2. It doesn't get more epic, barbaric and muscular. And the score finds ways of providing variation throughout without letting up on the gas. Awesome stuff.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 5:23 am