Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Should I buy Lego marvel

Poll

Should I get Lego Marvel Super Heroes

[ 1 ]
    Should I buy Lego marvel I_vote_lcap100%Should I buy Lego marvel I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Should I buy Lego marvel I_vote_lcap0%Should I buy Lego marvel I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Poll closed
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Should I buy Lego marvel Empty Should I buy Lego marvel

Post  Rickster November 28th 2013, 2:35 am

I really want the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game and it's going to be on sale at Game stop this Friday. The only thing is I have 9 games I haven't beaten yet so not sure if I should get another game yet
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Should I buy Lego marvel Empty Re: Should I buy Lego marvel

Post  Dunadwarf November 29th 2013, 2:34 pm

Marvel's one of the only 2 Lego games (curse you, Nintendo, for not putting this and Undercover out on the Wii!) I don't have, and I'd say to hold on a bit. They're fun games, but they're not hard to find and, once people clean it out, many sell it back to stores used. It should be available online or used at a significant reduction in cost in only a few months. If you're working on 9 other games, now's a good time to work on them and wait. Besides, you might get it as a gift or, if you really feel the itch for Lego superheroes, Lego Batman 2 features most of DC's greatest hits in a fun and original story.
    Just my thoughts.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 2nd 2013, 1:20 pm

Rickster wrote:I really want the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game and it's going to be on sale at Game stop this Friday. The only thing is I have 9 games I haven't beaten yet so not sure if I should get another game yet
    Oooh, I've been here before! In these situations i try to ask myself a few questions:

Am I low on fun money? Is my fun money just "burning a hole in my pocket" or is this purchase something I've long anticipated? How have I been handling my finances? (Am I in the red, or constantly spending what I get? Am i saving at all for potential big "fun money" purchases.) Of the games i haven't finished yet, could I sell any to help pay for this new purchase? Is there any legitimate, practical reason to keep the games I'm not playing?

My wife is a rockin' budget-planner, and my "fun money" is a category in our budget planning, so there is no potential for my entertainment spending to inmpact our giving. But if you don't have a similar budget structure you might ask if this purchase will in any way effect or influence your giving in the near future.

If I can still feel like I'm in God's will after processing those questions, I make a purchase with nerdy glee. Otherwise, I look for ways to be content in the meantime while I wait for a better time to make the purchase.

So, of course none of that is an answer. Whoops! But hopefully it will help you figure out what you want to do.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 8:54 am