Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+9
Drew.Rub
tmorrill
Rickster
DNArington
Tim
ComiKate
WhiteBoy
CreatorsPixels
Paeter
13 posters

How Are You Geeking Out?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

How Are You Geeking Out? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Are You Geeking Out?

Post  Paeter March 31st 2014, 12:45 pm

ProfessorAlan wrote:Comics from the cheap bins.

Oooh! What are you discovering?

I remember during college I went to a "hole in the wall" comic shop run by a gruff man who always wore half-unbuttoned shirts. My friends and I affectionately referred to him as "Hairy Chest Man". His store smelled like cigars, old paper and maybe just a touch of cat urine. But MAN those countless bins of cheap back issues! It was like a weekly dungeon crawl in search of awesome loot and ancient relics!

www.spiritblade.com
    ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  ProfessorAlan March 31st 2014, 8:14 pm

Paeter wrote:
    ProfessorAlan wrote:Comics from the cheap bins.

Oooh! What are you discovering?

My LCS does a 25-cent sale a few times per year, and my daughter and I have spent many, many quarters there over the last few years!  I have found amazing deals. The books are mostly from the mid-80s to 2000 or so, so there is a lot of junk in there, but some hidden gems, too! And at that price point -- even bad comics are a bargain, and the good ones are a steal.

And only because you asked, I will mildly promote myself here ... I cover these cheap issues on my show, The Quarter-Bin Podcast. On that show (22 episodes, so far), I've looked at Batman, Superman, Adam Strange, Jon Sable, Thor, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Micronauts, and others.

It is available at RelativelyGeekyPodcast.Blogspot.Com, or via iTunes.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 1st 2014, 5:16 pm

Sounds cool! Thanks for the info!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 8th 2014, 4:50 pm

I'm totally Farscape nerding this week. Watching all the behind the scene features in hopeful anticipation of starting on the bluray version of the series this weekend. Also got online and bought the first three story arcs of the post-peacekeeper wars comic books.

Love farscape/l /;getyying to eccitred for words and proper controll of m,eyvboard flipp8ng out.kBb.k AdkjbhGS/lknlk .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate April 8th 2014, 6:45 pm

Hey Paeter, did you see John Crighton on one of Agents of SHIELD's latest episodes then?

Okay, not actually Crighton of course, but the actor who played him. I actually thought to myself "Hey look, there's Crighton, must tell Paeter!" Laughing
    rossmcclure4

Activity : 78
    Geek-Cred : 1

How Are You Geeking Out? - Page 2 Empty FTL

Post  rossmcclure4 April 9th 2014, 9:43 am

So FTL, a spaceship/crew management simulator game, has been released for iOS and I've been loving it.  There's something about combining the wonder and discovery of space flight with the action of managing people and systems AND of course all the science fiction.

HOWEVER, this definitely falls into the category of one of those games where the "easy" mode is maddeningly difficult.  Why can't they just make the "easy" mode easy?  If I want it to be hard, I'll select "hard", thanks!  Agh
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 9th 2014, 5:40 pm

ComiKate wrote:Hey Paeter, did you see John Crighton on one of Agents of SHIELD's latest episodes then?

Okay, not actually Crighton of course, but the actor who played him. I actually thought to myself "Hey look, there's Crighton, must tell Paeter!" Laughing

Missed it! Although good for Ben Browder! I plan to check out at least part of the post-winter soldier ep to give them a chance to hook me again. if they do I'll have to hunt that one down! Thanks for the heads up!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 9th 2014, 5:41 pm

rossmcclure4 wrote:So FTL, a spaceship/crew management simulator game, has been released for iOS and I've been loving it.  There's something about combining the wonder and discovery of space flight with the action of managing people and systems AND of course all the science fiction.

HOWEVER, this definitely falls into the category of one of those games where the "easy" mode is maddeningly difficult.  Why can't they just make the "easy" mode easy?  If I want it to be hard, I'll select "hard", thanks!  Agh

Heard great things about that game! Also heard it's super hard and basically ends in death very quickly each time you play. A little too intense for me, I think!

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate April 9th 2014, 5:56 pm

Paeter wrote:
    ComiKate wrote:Hey Paeter, did you see John Crighton on one of Agents of SHIELD's latest episodes then?

Missed it! Although good for Ben Browder! I plan to check out at least part of the post-winter soldier ep to give them a chance to hook me again. if they do I'll have to hunt that one down! Thanks for the heads up!

Actually, I was wrong about AoS! Shocked 
    What I meant was: ARROW! Gosh, so not sharp. My bad.
    Anyway, this means you can actually watch it right, or aren't you watching Arrow either?
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 9th 2014, 7:38 pm

Paeter wrote:

Oh my gosh Agents of Shield has gotten really good lately it started slow but after the episode Fzzt the gets better with every new episode
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub April 14th 2014, 6:04 am

Okay, I have a new way of geeking out.

I'm in the very early stages of building a Mandalorian suit of armor. I recently decided to join a group called the Mandalorian Mercs Costume club, a group much like the 501st and the Rebel Legion. All their outfits and props are hand-made, and some of them are fantastically awesome looking. So I wanted to try my hand at it as well.

So far it's just the armor template planning stages, but if and when I get to the actual material cutting process, I'll let you know.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 14th 2014, 3:58 pm

ComiKate wrote:
    Actually, I was wrong about AoS! Shocked 
    What I meant was: ARROW! Gosh, so not sharp. My bad.
    Anyway, this means you can actually watch it right, or aren't you watching Arrow either?

Oooh, really?? I don't like Arrow a ton better, though its definitely more my type than AoS. Last ep I watched was the Barry Allen arc. Didn't grab me enough after that, but I'm in just enough of a Farscape fanboy mode right now that I may have to hunt down that Ben Browder ep on Hulu. Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 9:57 am