Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+3
Paeter
Rickster
tmorrill
7 posters

Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie

tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie Empty Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie

Post  tmorrill January 31st 2014, 3:20 pm

Well, they've cast Lex Luthor and Alfred for the upcoming Batman/Superman movie.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jesse-eisenberg-cast-as-lex-luthor-in-supermanbatman-jeremy-irons-set-as-alfred-1201079902/

Thoughts anyone?
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie Empty Re: Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie

Post  Rickster January 31st 2014, 6:09 pm

Jermey Irons has a great voice that just sounds powerful so it might be weird hearing that voice as a butler

Jessie Eisenberg is a little young and i dont know if he'll be a good playning a evil and powerful character like Lex
    I actually wish Irons was playing Lex and maybe Eisenberg playing Robin or nightwing
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie Empty Re: Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie

Post  Paeter February 3rd 2014, 12:59 pm

I was really hoping for Cranston as Lex, but this could work very well. Eisenberg certainly gives off an icky egotism in every role I've seen him in, so I think he'll do a great job of making me want Kal to punch him in the face.

And now that I think about it, I might have enjoyed Cranston's Lex too much. Eisenberg might actually make me truly hate Lex Luthor for the first time in my life. Hmm. The more I think about it the more fresh and awesome this approach could be!

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim February 9th 2014, 12:49 am

I think Jeremy Irons is a great casting decision for Alfred. Eisenberg, well, i'm gonna withhold judgement until I see something. It really could go either way. It looks like they're going for a Mark Zuckerberg-like Lex Luthor for a new era. On the one hand, it could be brilliant and a breath of fresh air and on the other it could go south real quick. Only time will tell, but I'm willing to trust the filmmakers since Man of Steel was, imo, an amazing movie.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington February 10th 2014, 9:07 pm

I just hope we get to see Lex take on Superman in his power suit.

Lex Luthor and Alfred cast for new movie Lex-luthor-power-armor
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings February 28th 2014, 7:39 pm

I'm not familiar with either of these actors. There is kinda nowhere to go with Alfred after Michael Caine has played the role. In any case, the Man of Steel team have made fantastic decisions in the past so I'm sure these will be good.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 4th 2014, 2:09 pm

AdamCollings wrote:I'm not familiar with either of these actors. There is kinda nowhere to go with Alfred after Michael Caine has played the role. In any case, the Man of Steel team have made fantastic decisions in the past so I'm sure these will be good.

Hmm. What would you all think of a Patrick Stewart Alfred?

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub March 8th 2014, 7:48 am

Paeter wrote:
    Hmm. What would you all think of a Patrick Stewart Alfred?

No. I just can't see it. PS is a great actor, but I just don't think the role fits him.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim March 8th 2014, 9:53 pm

It's strange to say, but I feel like Patrick Stewart is too BIG of an actor for Alfred. Michael Caine did a really good job of being a solid Alfred. He never takes forefront like a good butler but sometimes the difference between good and great is the "scaffolding" of solid supporting actors.

Think about it, would Hunger Games be as good without solid acting from Effie (Elizabeth Banks) and Haymitch (Woody Harrelson)? What about Iron Man without the solid support of Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) or even the phenominal voice work of Jarvis (Paul Bettany). Their roles are such that they can't blow away the star. They have to push it forward. Patrick Stewart seems like he would blow Ben Affleck away.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 5:53 pm