Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Infinity Engine Games!!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Infinity Engine Games!! Empty Infinity Engine Games!!

Post  Paeter March 24th 2014, 1:15 pm

I'm going back now, as I stand in the valley between console generations, and am once again taking up my custome of catching up on old PC games I couldn't run when they released. A few weeks ago I picked up all of the ininity engine games (Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale 1&2, Planescape:Torment) and The Temple Of Elemental Evil for less than $15 at GOG.com when they were running a crazy sale. I had played much of BG1 before (but only played through the entire game in its Neverwinter Nights 2 Mod incarnation) and so moved on to BG2, which I had previously aborted for being too frickin' hard. This time I modded away some parts of the game that annoy me and also modded to make things a tad easier (including the creation for what I call "the plot sword", a +2 longsword that hastes you along with other buffs and does 1,000 damage per hit. Stupidly difficult boss battle? Advance the plot by pulling out "the plot sword"!)

I am having a ridiculous amount of fun. I started a NWN2 mod version for Icewind Dale 1 a month or so ago, but I think I'll just abort that and play the original after BG2. My grand scheme is to play through all of these "infinity engine games" (dubbed so because they all use the same game engine and play almost identically), then "Temple", and then hopefully buy "Pillars Of Eternity", the new game that the makers of many of the infinity games are finishing up right now.

Mmm. Something about the sounds of rustling leather, jingling coins and scraping metal make the looting in these games immensely satisfying. I predict a retro review is somewhere in the not too distant future.

www.spiritblade.com
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Activity : 84
    Geek-Cred : 3

Infinity Engine Games!! Empty Re: Infinity Engine Games!!

Post  PhoenixFire March 26th 2014, 10:55 am

There's also a new Torment game in the works too! As a Kickstarter backer I've been getting all thier game and design updates and from the looks of it I'd say it's probably going to be ripe with moral choice and grounds for some really good discussions. bounce

Yeah I'm looking forward to Pillars too!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 27th 2014, 12:39 pm

PhoenixFire wrote:There's also a new Torment game in the works too!

Oh, that's right! In fact, hearing about that was in part what made me want to give Planescape: Torment a try. Sounds like the original might have a high "relevance" factor, and the upcoming release, too, by the sound of it! Can't wait to see some footage and hear more!

In the meantime, after Pillars we can start looking forward to Wasteland 2, I think. (Not sure on release date info for that one.) Of course I should probably get around to the original fallout games first.

A golden age of retro gaming! A golden age, I tell you!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 6:02 pm