Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate

mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate Empty Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate

Post  mindspike May 12th 2014, 10:22 pm

The project is live! It only took about a month longer to put together than I had hoped!
    Check it out!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910926153/opposing-forces-powered-by-fate-core

Opposing Forces is a 192-page RPG sourcebook for Fate Core. The first 48 pages details tactical rules and gives advice for running scenes of physical, social, and mental conflict. The remaining pages detail 135 pre-generated characters and archetypes for the Core system, addressing the three archetypal genres of sci-fi, fantasy, and modern settings.

The advice and rules are designed to enable a more precise understanding of the system in order to provide players with a meaningful challenge and balanced experience. The pre-generated characters are meant to provide the Game Master with easily accessible NPCs, story hooks, and more efficient prep time.

The book itself is divided into four parts. Part one is the technical stuff where I address the rules as a function of the game. I share my observations and break down the math behind the Fate Core system. I discuss the use of Fate Points as a tactical tool, and explain how the tactical system in Fate materially differs from traditionally crunchy tactical sims. Finally, I provide several pages of Aspects and Stunts alongside a few words of explanation.

Parts two, three, and four consist of the characters and archetypes built ready for use in any Fate Core conflict. The characters are divided into the sci-fi, fantasy, and urban genres, and further subdivided into physical, mental, and social opponents. Characters appear at different challenge levels ranging from three kinds of nameless NPCs to fully realized characters ready to be dropped into an existing campaign.

Awesome artwork by Matt Silber and Linus Larsson shows off the characters and opponents. Check out a page from the project!

Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate 17679f6f44172a97d971d3d9eabe7322_large

Battlemech37

Activity : 53
    Geek-Cred : 0

Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate Empty Re: Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate

Post  Battlemech37 September 24th 2014, 3:53 pm

Wow, I'd have to say that is some very nice artwork Wink

Looking forward to helping create some more art for you Winston - this project has been a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to people being able to play and appreciate it!

Speaking of RPG artwork, I remember a lot of great artwork with the BattleTech, Shadowrun, and Warhammer 40K RPG books. Pretty inspiring. In fact, the artwork is why I bought a lot of RPG guides. I guess I lived in too small of a town for their to be many people around who played pen and paper RPGs, but I still enjoyed studying them and thinking up scenarios. Maybe one day I'll find a group in RL to play with....still miss the MUDS and MUSHES of my college years.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate Empty Re: Opposing Forces RPG supplement powered by Fate

Post  Paeter September 24th 2014, 8:10 pm

Battlemech37 wrote: Maybe one day I'll find a group in RL to play with....still miss the MUDS and MUSHES of my college years.

Just a few weeks ago someone posted on the Group Coordination forum about the idea of doing PnP RP stuff online, like through google hangout or something. It's possible you may find what you're looking for here if you follow up on that topic or start one of your own! Good luck!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 10:24 am