Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

The Fate of the Furious

jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

The Fate of the Furious Empty The Fate of the Furious

Post  jazzact13 April 15th 2017, 7:11 pm

Well, that was actually a bit better than I was expecting.

I was most curious to see how they would explain Dom's turn, what reason they would give for it. I'd be surprised if other people hadn't guessed it, but for me it was unexpected, and it was enough to make his actions understandable.

The movie certainly had it's share of big car stunt scenes, though I'm glad they didn't go so far as parachuting vehicles and jumping cars from one high-rise to another. I'm glad it got back to a bit more of a story about personal things for the characters.

If anything could have used a bit more justification, it was the turn they did to Statham's character, from the main and very bad guy in the previous movie to him being a part of the gang in this one. Still, I can't complain about Statham having a big role in this movie, and he had some of the better moments in it.

Overall, not a great movie, but still very enjoyable.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

The Fate of the Furious Empty Re: The Fate of the Furious

Post  Reed Benson April 15th 2017, 10:02 pm

My question is...will this be the last one? It's got "Fate" in the name, so that sounds like a finale. But these movies do gangbusters at the box office, and Hollywood loves their money-makers...
    jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jazzact13 April 16th 2017, 7:11 am

Reed Benson wrote:My question is...will this be the last one? It's got "Fate" in the name, so that sounds like a finale. But these movies do gangbusters at the box office, and Hollywood loves their money-makers...

I have no way of giving a definite answer to that question. I'd actually thought the last one would be the final one, because of Walker's death.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 8:08 am