Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

December Stuff You're Looking Forward To

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

December Stuff You're Looking Forward To Empty December Stuff You're Looking Forward To

Post  Paeter December 1st 2016, 9:59 am

December is both a big holiday month AND features some high profile geek releases. Passengers, Rogue One and Assassin's Creed will release in theaters, Dead Rising 4 and The Last Guardian release on consoles and Suicide Squad comes to home video.

So whether something Christmasy, Geeky, or both, I'm curious what you guys are looking forward to this month!

Personally, I'm curious about all three theatrical releases and hope they're great. On a smaller release note I plan to grab Stardew Valley when it finally releases on PS4 Dec. 13th. (Suicide Squad is on my Christmas list, so we'll see!)

As for Christmasy stuff, I'm already enjoying the season in general. Hoping to wqrap up recording for my Final Fantasy 15 review this morning so I can turn my Christmas music back on again while I work. I've also perfected my Hot Chocolate recipe and plan to "dose" once a day. (Hot milk, Swiss Miss, 2 Andes Mints, topped with whip cream drizzled with choc. syrup)

As for "events", I always look forward to the caroling ministry I run each year and both the geek movie bakeathon and 3 nights of "extreme caroling" (getting lost with gps). This is also the year that my older sister and her family come to town for Christmas, which will be cool. I also need to start thinking about what theme I'll use for Holly's annual Christmas Quiz present hunt, where a series of questions related to geeky things I like lead her from clue to clue around the house until she arrives at her final Christmas present from me.

So how about you guys? Traditions? Geek releases? Maybe just a little time off? What's on your mind that you're looking forward to this month?

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

December Stuff You're Looking Forward To Empty Re: December Stuff You're Looking Forward To

Post  mikel.withers December 1st 2016, 10:26 am

Rogue One.
    I haven't bought anything with my limited "personal money" in some time so that I can go to this.

I've never been a big fan of the "Christmas season", so I think that is about it.
    Although, I did get a couple ideas that might just work themselves into a story, so maybe I can look forward to some productive writing time. We'll see.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

December Stuff You're Looking Forward To Empty Re: December Stuff You're Looking Forward To

Post  Rickster December 1st 2016, 1:29 pm

Had you asked this question a couple of month ago I would say Kingdom Hearts 2.8 but that got delayed a month.
    I'm excited for Rouge one and going to the playstation experience on Saturday. One tradition I really want to start up again is one night go to Disneyland get some Hot Chocolate and check out their Christmas stuff. Also last year I made my first ginger bread house and will continue that tradition this year and i'm just excited for this new chapter of my life
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings December 1st 2016, 6:54 pm

I'm really looking forward to the end of the work year. December is alwaysa gruelling time of year. So much happening, I can't wait to have some days off between Christmas and New Year, probably not much longer than that. We may go away somewhere, not sure. We are planning an interstate holiday to Queensland some time (probably April next year) so gotta save every cent for that.

I'm really quite excited for December though, because this year holds some special moments for my daughter. Graduating from our church kids program to being a buddy (looking after younger children in their classes). One of my friends, who is a kids leader, says he can see leadership potential in her, which makes my fatherly heart swell with pride. She will also be graduating from our Crash Kids program to our Crash Youth program, and will be presented with a little gift on stage at our night service this sunday.

In terms of Geek stuff, I'm looking forward to Rogue One and would like to see it at the cinema. Depending on the rating, we might take the kids along and make it a family thing. We took them to see Episode 7 last year, dispite the M rating, after talking to other parents who watched it with their kids. I'll be grabbing Suicide Squad blueray at some point. Interested to see the extended cut. Passengers also looks good. Could be a good date night with my wife, but we'd have to get the kids looked after.

And, I'm looking forward to putting the polishing touches on the first episode of my space opera series. Got the manuscript back from my editor a few days ago. Suddenly, it's all feeling very real. It could be out as early as January or February.

Besides that ... sleep. Lots of sleep.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 2nd 2016, 9:43 am

mikel.withers wrote:Rogue One.
    I haven't bought anything with my limited "personal money" in some time so that I can go to this.

I've never been a big fan of the "Christmas season", so I think that is about it.
    Although, I did get a couple ideas that might just work themselves into a story, so maybe I can look forward to some productive writing time. We'll see.

Theaters are so pricey aren't they? They just bumped up the price at mine. I'm thinking it's gotta give at some point and Hollywood will finally provide home streaming options that can be leveraged with friends to make more affordable. But hopefully Rogue One will be worth it for you! Enjoy!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 2nd 2016, 9:46 am

Rickster wrote:Had you asked this question a couple of month ago I would say Kingdom Hearts 2.8 but that got delayed a month.
    I'm excited for Rouge one and going to the playstation experience on Saturday. One tradition I really want to start up again is one night go to Disneyland get some Hot Chocolate and check out their Christmas stuff. Also last year I made my first ginger bread house and will continue that tradition this year and i'm just excited for this new chapter of my life

Jealous! I plan to watch the PSX live stream this Saturday. What will you be wearing and do you know where you'll be sitting? I'll try to keep an eye out for you!

The Disneyland idea sounds awesome. Goes so well with the nostalgia side of the season.

I've also found a growing number of people who build Gingerbread houses. I may just add that to my tradition one of these years! Maybe I'll try to build some kind of fortified fantasy military outpost. Have fun!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 2nd 2016, 9:51 am

AdamCollings wrote:I'm really looking forward to the end of the work year. December is alwaysa gruelling time of year. So much happening, I can't wait to have some days off between Christmas and New Year,

I was just thinking this morning that the Christmas season, and specifically our Christmas Eve services, move me so much more when the month has been busy. It's like December is a snapshot of my life, where I strive and strive and eventually just have to rest in the quiet truth that Jesus completed all the striving for me. For me, the biggest emotion of Christmas these days isn't excitement or any kind of energetic happiness. It's relief. There's nothing like finally reaching that Christmas Eve candlelight service after all the work is done and quietly reflecting on what Jesus has done, is doing and will do for me, followed by some time off lounging around the house with family. That's life and eternity right there.

I hope your break is a restful blessing!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster December 2nd 2016, 10:21 pm

[quote="Paeter"]

Jealous! I plan to watch the PSX live stream this Saturday. What will you be wearing and do you know where you'll be sitting? I'll try to keep an eye out for you!

[quote]

I'll probably not make it in time for the presentation it's a first come first serve and people were already waiting for it the day before. So I'm just going to checkout the expo floor play some of the demos like Zero Dawn Horizon (just to make you more jealous) etc.
    As to what I'm wearing I'll probably wear the PSX tshirt they gave me when I picked up my badge today.

Paeter wrote:
    I've also found a growing number of people who build Gingerbread houses. I may just add that to my tradition one of these years! Maybe I'll try to build some kind of fortified fantasy military outpost. Have fun!

I saw someone made a Gingerbread Millennium Falcon once so you can make it into geeky decorations
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson December 3rd 2016, 8:08 am

Rogue One, though we might not get that until January in China. But we will get it. They put two Chinese actors in it to make sure it gets a release here.

Also anticipating what Christmas movies I'll get to watch. Already watched Elf once. Showed it to my wife for the first time, and she liked it. I'd like to see Christmas Vacation again, but I don't think it's on any of the available streaming sites.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 3rd 2016, 10:21 am

Rickster wrote: I'll probably wear the PSX tshirt they gave me when I picked up my badge today.

I'll watch for you in the floor coverage! Have fun!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 3rd 2016, 10:24 am

Reed Benson wrote:Rogue One, though we might not get that until January in China. But we will get it. They put two Chinese actors in it to make sure it gets a release here.

LOL! So the "tolerance" of Hollywood shows its true colors. It's not about inclusivity. It's cold hard cash, baby!

I hope you enjoy it!

I'm looking forward to Christmas flicks too. Took a break from Elf last year to avoid becoming over familiar with it, but I think I need to come back to it this year. Love that one.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 11:34 am