Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Any Christmas Recipes? (Geeky Or Otherwise)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Any Christmas Recipes? (Geeky Or Otherwise) Empty Any Christmas Recipes? (Geeky Or Otherwise)

Post  Paeter December 15th 2016, 9:49 am

Anyone want to share any favorite recipes or ideas for Christmas goodies? My bake-a-thon is this Saturday and I'm feeling adventurous.

Currently I'm going to make my usual peanut clusters:

Melt 1/2 lb vanilla almond bark and 6 ounce (1 cup) semisweet choc chips in a pot. Mix in 2 cups peanuts. Spoon mixture onto wax paper and refrigerate 30 minutes.

I'm also tackling a cheeseball recipe I'm excited about, but it's a secret recipe I'm not allowed to share outside family.

Then there's Easy CHeesecake: Mix 2 tubs whipped cream cheese with 1 tub cool whip and 1/3rd cup sugar. Dump and spread in graham cracker crust and refrigerate.

I like easy recipes, but even if you have a complex one that you'd like to share I'm wide open!

And my easiest recipe this Christmas has been my "awesome hot chocolate". One mug of swiss miss and heated milk (or even better, heated chocolate milk from the jug, no swiss miss), two andes mints mixed in, topped with a generous mountain of cool whip drizzled with chocolate syrup.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Any Christmas Recipes? (Geeky Or Otherwise) Empty Re: Any Christmas Recipes? (Geeky Or Otherwise)

Post  AdamCollings December 15th 2016, 5:42 pm

I think I'm going to have to try your hot chocolate. Might have to substitute another brand for the mints, depending on if I can get them though. I'm sure I can find something similar.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Any Christmas Recipes? (Geeky Or Otherwise) Empty Re: Any Christmas Recipes? (Geeky Or Otherwise)

Post  Paeter December 16th 2016, 9:45 am

AdamCollings wrote:I think I'm going to have to try your hot chocolate. Might have to substitute another brand for the mints, depending on if I can get them though. I'm sure I can find something similar.

Andes mints are very small and thin chocolate bars (each a little larger than a piece of trident gum) with a strip of mint in the middle. But if you can't find something like that, I used to use peppermints or candy canes.

Hey wait a minute. Won't that be drinking hot chocolate in the summer for you? I guess I've been known to do that myself. Hope you enjoy!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings December 18th 2016, 5:06 pm

Ah, there's no bad time of year for hot chocolate.
    But, we're actually having a pretty cool start to summer this year.
    In fact, a few days ago there was snow up on the mountains. So, if I wanted to drive up a mountain I could have a white Christmas. (Apparently other parts of the state are suffering bushfires). This is my home. It's WEIRD.
    https://www.facebook.com/Sunrise/videos/10154082552190887/?pnref=story
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 20th 2016, 9:01 am

AdamCollings wrote:Ah, there's no bad time of year for hot chocolate.
    But, we're actually having a pretty cool start to summer this year.
    In fact, a few days ago there was snow up on the mountains. So, if I wanted to drive up a mountain I could have a white Christmas. (Apparently other parts of the state are suffering bushfires). This is my home. It's WEIRD.
    https://www.facebook.com/Sunrise/videos/10154082552190887/?pnref=story

Dude, that's awesome. Although not beyond imagination for me. I live in Arizona, where it gets SUUUPER hot in the summer, but... it still known to be hot sometimes in December.

So shorts for you and me both, bro!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 11:32 am