Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Marvel Zombies

Carlos Phillips
    Carlos Phillips

Activity : 29
    Geek-Cred : 0

Marvel Zombies Empty Marvel Zombies

Post  Carlos Phillips July 10th 2017, 10:59 pm

Just started getting into comics again and I'm looking for a series to sink my teeth into. I'm all about Zombies and like Marvel comics so I thought this would be a good pick. Anybody read the series? What are your thoughts on it? affraid
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Marvel Zombies Empty Re: Marvel Zombies

Post  Reed Benson July 11th 2017, 4:28 am

They still make those? I've read Ultimate Fantastic Four #21-23 (when the zombie-verse first appeared), the Marvel Zombies: Dead Days prequel, and Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness because I like Ash from The Evil Dead. I didn't read anything else, though, because zombie stories in general started to depress me. But if you like zombies and gross, gory humor, they're probably in your wheelhouse.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike July 11th 2017, 12:26 pm

I never did get into the Marvel Zombie books, just not my brand of horror. If you're looking for excellent zombie comics I recommend Afterlife with Archie. The first 9 issues are out but the book is currently on hold. As soon as the publishing schedule resumes I plan to do a better review of it in my Longbox articles.

Carlos Phillips

Post  Carlos Phillips July 11th 2017, 9:34 pm

Reed Benson wrote:They still make those? I've read Ultimate Fantastic Four #21-23 (when the zombie-verse first appeared), the Marvel Zombies: Dead Days prequel, and Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness because I like Ash from The Evil Dead. I didn't read anything else, though, because zombie stories in general started to depress me. But if you like zombies and gross, gory humor, they're probably in your wheelhouse.

Not sure if they still make them. Actually just catching up by buying Vol. collections on Amazon.
    Carlos Phillips
    Carlos Phillips

Post  Carlos Phillips July 11th 2017, 9:39 pm

mindspike wrote:I never did get into the Marvel Zombie books, just not my brand of horror.  If you're looking for excellent zombie comics I recommend Afterlife with Archie. The first 9 issues are out but the book is currently on hold. As soon as the publishing schedule resumes I plan to do a better review of it in my Longbox articles.

Just Borrowed Afterlife with Archie from my sister and I totally agree. Well written and I enjoyed the artwork.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 12th 2017, 2:06 pm

Has anyone read the Walking Dead comics? I haven't myself, but I know they are respected.

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson July 12th 2017, 7:54 pm

Paeter wrote:Has anyone read the Walking Dead comics? I haven't myself, but I know they are respected.

A friend of mine had the trade paperbacks upt to maybe book 20, and he let me borrow them, so I've read pretty far. I never made it to Neegan, but I remember reading past all of the stuff with the Governor.

If you like the show, you'll probably like the comics. They're dark and psychological. They don't always line up with the show from what I've seen. For example, one character that dies early in the books actually survives for a long time in the show and plays a more important role. And the Governor looks way different.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 8:55 am