Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Ready For More Marvel TV?

Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Ready For More Marvel TV? Empty Ready For More Marvel TV?

Post  Tim March 2nd 2014, 6:31 pm

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/2/26/22021/marvels_netflix_series_to_film_in_new_york_city

Apparently this was announced in November but this is the first I'm hearing about it. Marvel and Netflix are teaming up to bring the Defenders, the "flawed Heroes of Hell's Kitchen", to TV. This includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist & Luke Cage all leading up to a combined "Avengers-style" mini series of The Defenders.

This Press Conference announced Marvel and ABC deciding to do all the filming for these projects IN New York City.

What do you think about this? Is more Marvel TV better? Do you think this will be the same as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Better? Worse? Does this make you glad you have Netflix? Do you want Netflix now because of this?

Lets hear your thoughts.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Ready For More Marvel TV? Empty Re: Ready For More Marvel TV?

Post  Paeter March 4th 2014, 2:05 pm

Daredevil is movie franchise material. They shouldn't be wasting him on online TV, imho.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 7th 2014, 6:16 pm

More Marvel TV sounds good to me!  Very Happy  I haven't seen any Netflix original series, but I've heard they are well made, so I am hopeful there series will have a good budget to have cool visuals and stories. My guess is they will be more serious than Agents of Shield, but I really have no idea.

Paeter wrote:Daredevil is movie franchise material. They shouldn't be wasting him on online TV, imho.

I expect he wouldn't have gotten a movie for many years from now anyway. It seems the MCU is swaying more towards the galactic than the grounded. Perhaps if this is really successful, maybe he could get his own movie, or show up in an Avengers movie. I would be excited to see that!

Just wondering, when you say "online TV" are you putting that below TV TV? Would you have been happier it they put it on a TV station? Just wondering because in my mind TV shows are moving more and more towards being internet released content anyway.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim March 9th 2014, 2:34 am

Paeter wrote:Daredevil is movie franchise material. They shouldn't be wasting him on online TV, imho.

I don't know...I almost prefer the more grounded heroes to be in episodic TV form. It means we get a lot more time to develop them and explore the character and see what makes them tick. Daredevil seems like almost the perfect TV hero. Like Kolchak the Night Stalker in red leather with a little Law & Order thrown in.

It almost seems like something that the average person who watches the police procedurals could get into this. I for one loved the movie, even before the Directors Cut. Throw in some cameos like Kevin Smith as the M.E. and this could be some great TV.

I've seen a few "internet" TV shows, like Netflix's House of Cards and several of Hulu's Originals. They don't have the Webseries production value. They look like any network show. I see this becoming the way of things, with the decrease of live viewing and increase of on demand services. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Go may become the networks of the future. Netflix has already picked up the reigns on several canceled shows or rejected pilots. Look at the list on Wikipedia some time, its pretty shocking.

Netflix Original Programing

Hulu Originals

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 11th 2014, 5:20 pm

Tim wrote:
    I've seen a few "internet" TV shows, like Netflix's House of Cards and several of Hulu's Originals. They don't have the Webseries production value. They look like any network show. I see this becoming the way of things, with the decrease of live viewing and increase of on demand services. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Go may become the networks of the future. 

Completely agree!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 19th 2014, 9:41 am

DNArington wrote:
    Tim wrote:
    I've seen a few "internet" TV shows, like Netflix's House of Cards and several of Hulu's Originals. They don't have the Webseries production value. They look like any network show. I see this becoming the way of things, with the decrease of live viewing and increase of on demand services. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Go may become the networks of the future. 

Completely agree!

Good points guys! I haven't been watching recent online network shows, so if budgets and production values have gotten better it may be a great fit! But have any online shows attempted sci-fi action yet? Character drama is one thing. Super powers are another. Even on a regular TV budget FX can suffer.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 1:29 pm