Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Paeter
jorowi
6 posters

The Joker Teaser Trailer

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

The Joker Teaser Trailer Empty The Joker Teaser Trailer

Post  jorowi April 3rd 2019, 11:45 am

You want dark, Paeter? You got dark.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Joker Teaser Trailer Empty Re: The Joker Teaser Trailer

Post  Paeter April 3rd 2019, 12:56 pm

Dude you JUST beat me to posting this by about an hour!

Okay. SO much I want to say about this, but I don't have time to type it all out. So I'll save my extended thoughts as a talking point on this coming Monday's Decompression Livestream (patreon.com/spiritbladeproductions).

For now, some bullet points and questions I'll try to answer on Monday:

- DC is officially, tonally, all OVER the place with their movies. Is there a strategy in mind, or has the cart gotten away from the horse at the highest possible levels?

- What relationship, if any could it have to current DCEU Joker? Reboot/Recast? Alternate timeline? Multiple Jokers? AND...

- Is strict continuity the intention anymore, or is the DCEU now like a collection of loosely related "legends" that change and distort in the telling?

- I LOVE the heavy drama they are going for. (And I would so far describe it as "dramatic" more than I would "dark".) But will I care if I never laugh once at a Joker movie? That could happen here. Will Joker be entirely sympathetic, or is the audience intended to recoil and see him as a true villain by the end?

- If this Joker appears in other DCEU movies, how will he be written the same or differently, and how will the audience be meant to feel about him in the villain role of a hero flick?

Bottom line, I'm so ready for this.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings April 3rd 2019, 6:37 pm

My understanding is that this movie is completely un-related to the DCEU.

But then, does the DCEU even really exist anymore? Seems like they're all but abandoning it, going for younger Batman without Affleck, Ezra Miller is out as flash. Rebooting Suicide Squad.

I'm in two minds about this. On one hand, an exploration of the Joker's origin, delving into what drives a person to that kind of madness could be very interesting, and really flesh him out as a villain. On the other hand, the mysterious unknown nature of the Joker is possibly part of his appeal. I'm just not sure about villain-centric movies. Fleshing out a villain is great, but if joke exists completely independent of Batman, why bother?
    I honestly don't know what to think. LOL.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed April 3rd 2019, 10:41 pm

I read a little while back that DC is shying away from keeping everything interconnected like Marvel does after the poor reception to stuff like Justice League. I'm thinking that this Joker movie isn't going to be the groundwork for future Gotham stories, and it probably won't be related to the Matt Reeves Batman movie that they've been talking about. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I've gotten.

From the trailer, it looks like it will be a well-made film. But I'm not interested in any Joker stories where he's the protagonist, especially if there's no superhero
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 4th 2019, 1:54 am

Still not digging the makeup but the rest looks good

Also when he said my mom told me i have a destiny to make people smile i half expected hem to say "walk the gerbil"
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 4th 2019, 2:25 pm

Rickster wrote: when he said my mom told me i have a destiny to make people smile i half expected hem to say "walk the gerbil"

LOL! That was on the table for awhile, but then I told the suits at WB how much I wanted. We haven't been in touch since.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings April 4th 2019, 6:26 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Rickster wrote: when he said my mom told me i have a destiny to make people smile i half expected hem to say "walk the gerbil"

LOL! That was on the table for awhile, but then I told the suits at WB how much I wanted. We haven't been in touch since.

I want to publicly urge WB and Spirit-Blade to resume talks. Fans have long wanted to see a Gerbil movie. Please, make us happy and come to an agreement.
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed April 4th 2019, 7:19 pm

http://estephenburnett.lorehaven.com/sorry-joker-and-other-villain-stories-but-im-mostly-interested-in-superheroes/

"But what if Batman’s nowhere near the movie, and not even promised for a sequel?

"Well, then, I find myself less interested in standalone stories about Batman’s villains than I would be reading an auto-parts manual for the Batmobile."

Laughing
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 5th 2019, 10:17 am

AdamCollings wrote:
    Paeter wrote:

I want to publicly urge WB and Spirit-Blade to resume talks. Fans have long wanted to see a Gerbil movie. Please, make us happy and come to an agreement.

LOL of the morning! Thank you for that!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 5th 2019, 10:19 am

AGoodReed wrote:http://estephenburnett.lorehaven.com/sorry-joker-and-other-villain-stories-but-im-mostly-interested-in-superheroes/

"But what if Batman’s nowhere near the movie, and not even promised for a sequel?

"Well, then, I find myself less interested in standalone stories about Batman’s villains than I would be reading an auto-parts manual for the Batmobile."

Laughing

Well, I think Bruce Wayne will be in this movie...

More to say on Monday's stream!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington April 16th 2019, 11:26 am

I really don't think Joker should have an origin story, but this movie looks great! The dark dramatic tone is perfect for the character! It's my understanding that this has nothing to do with the rest of the DCEU and that the Jared Leto Joker could even be back later.

Also I read an article that said this is Bruce Wayne in the trailer:
    The Joker Teaser Trailer Joker-10

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 10:15 am