Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Birds Of Prey Trailer

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Birds Of Prey Trailer Empty Birds Of Prey Trailer

Post  Paeter October 1st 2019, 3:46 pm

Hmm. Not sure. I like grounded, and visually it feels more grounded and less comic-booky. But the script/dialogue doesn't feel grounded, and I miss seeing more comic-booky costumes.

I mean, who are the other characters even supposed to be, aside from Harley? I'd never guess from their wardrobe, and I don't like that unless I'm getting a hard-hitting dramatic script (and direction) to go along with the lack of costumes.

Jury's way out. Need to see more. What do you guys think?

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Birds Of Prey Trailer Empty Re: Birds Of Prey Trailer

Post  AGoodReed October 2nd 2019, 11:04 pm

I'd rather see some superhero costumes, too. But I am curious to see Ewan McGregor as a crime boss acting opposite Margot Robbie as Harley. I think that's the main thing that I'll be seeing it for. But I probably won't bother seeing it in the theater.

I hope they do more than just have Harley say, "I broke up with Mr. J," and that's the end of the Joker involvement. After how happy she was to see him at the end of Suicide Squad, it's quite the 180 for her to suddenly be throwing knives at his picture. I mean, I do want them to break up, but I'd rather see it than be told about it.

Reminds me of how John and Holly McClane are just suddenly not together anymore in Die Hard with a Vengeance after working their stuff out over the two previous movies.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 3rd 2019, 8:44 am

AGoodReed wrote:

I hope they do more than just have Harley say, "I broke up with Mr. J," and that's the end of the Joker involvement. After how happy she was to see him at the end of Suicide Squad, it's quite the 180 for her to suddenly be throwing knives at his picture. I mean, I do want them to break up, but I'd rather see it than be told about it.

Totally. But I doubt we'll see Jared Leto's Joker in the movie. I don't have any inside info, but my impression is that, between the mixed-to-negative reactions to his Joker, and an entirely NEW Joker movie being made in the meantime, Leto's Joker may be quietly swept under the rug somehow.

I think that's a shame. I thought his performance was pretty good, he just didn't have the right material in the script (both dialogue and character moments) to work with. I think Leto's Joker should stick around and be given another shot. But who knows what will happen. The Joker movie tomorrow may make DC's plans for the character a little more clear... or not.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 12:10 pm