Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

DC Injustice animated movie trailer

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

DC Injustice animated movie trailer Empty DC Injustice animated movie trailer

Post  AGoodReed September 22nd 2021, 12:40 pm

The video is age-restricted, so you have to watch it on YouTube itself.

https://youtu.be/EofvPQAyYp8

Anyone ever play the game? From my understanding, it's a fighting game where the "real" Justice League goes to a universe where Superman has authoritarian control over the world and Batman leads a resistance against him. This movie looks to be the origin of how that Superman became a ruthless dictator.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

DC Injustice animated movie trailer Empty Re: DC Injustice animated movie trailer

Post  jorowi September 22nd 2021, 12:48 pm

Looking forward to checking this out. A complaint against Superman for decades has been that he's too soft. However, given his power, he has to hold back. The fact that he is OP is the point. He keeps that power in check because if he didn't there'd be too much collateral damage. This looks like a good watch.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

DC Injustice animated movie trailer Empty Re: DC Injustice animated movie trailer

Post  Paeter September 23rd 2021, 2:31 pm

Looking forward to this! I own the first Injustice Gods Among Us Game (got it super cheap) and really, REALLY wish I liked fighting games and learning all those dumb button sequence inputs. ugh. BUT, you CAN watch all the cutscenes on youtube, which make a decent animated DC movie of sorts.

The comic series is also on my DC Universe Infinite reading list, having already enjoyed the first few issues. It's a surprisingly well-written and realized alternate reality, given the source material is a video game. (Well, actually I think it was across-media initiative and both were published about the same time.) Waaaay more than a cash-grab tie-in.

The initial comic series, likewise, tells the "origin" of Supes-gone-bad, so it looks like this might be based more on the comics than the game. I'm also concerned that this movie won't be near enough to tell the story. So maybe its going to try and set up a new series since they sort of blew-up and reset DC Animated movie continuity?

And as for this...

jorowi wrote:Looking forward to checking this out. A complaint against Superman for decades has been that he's too soft. However, given his power, he has to hold back. The fact that he is OP is the point. He keeps that power in check because if he didn't there'd be too much collateral damage. This looks like a good watch.

Please enjoy the "world made of carboard" scene from the finale of the Justice League animated series.

(I hope he scanned ahead using telescopic x-ray vision to clear the trajectory of civilians!)

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 8:30 pm