Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Dream Revealed His Face

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Dream Revealed His Face Empty Dream Revealed His Face

Post  jorowi October 5th 2022, 10:19 am

If you're familiar with YouTube gaming channels you know about Dream. Well, he finally revealed his face. He says some interesting things in this short video about "who people are under the mask" that I thought was interesting.

Twitter
    Instagram

Craig likes this post

Craig

Activity : 5
    Geek-Cred : 0

Dream Revealed His Face Empty Re: Dream Revealed His Face

Post  Craig October 25th 2022, 10:57 am

I personally watched him at a point but I disliked his later videos so I unsubscribed. Very interesting that he chose to do a face reveal.

I will say though, the whole "anyone can be under the mask" provokes different thoughts for me. On one hand, as a Christian, wearing mask hints at deceit and hiding who you truly are. Is it that you are ashamed of people recognizing you, is it superhero secret identity where you are fearful of the affect on your loved ones or is it that you wish to hide certain parts of yourself from the world?

I definitely agree that anybody can work hard and reach great feats in life. And I also understand that you don't necessarily have to show your everything to everyone. However, in a day to day setting, what are we showing people?

Do we show our teachers, bosses, clients and colleagues our best? Do we show those people we consider our enemies or insignificant, our worst? And do we show our loved ones and God, our everything.

Perhaps the world leans to the mindset of masking that which is bad and emphasizing that which is good in people. But if I only show people a piece of myself, even if that is only the good stuff, then am I being honest?

And then what about God? His word says that I am a new creation, that the old is dead and gone. So are we living to reflect that?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 25th 2022, 5:23 pm

Well of course I have no idea what it's like to have the number of followers this guy has, but it does occur to me from time to time that the more people know about me, including what I look like, the more I potentially subject myself to: insults based on my appearance, being greeted by complete strangers, my family being recognized by association with me, and all the other things I can't think of. There is definitely some added vulnerability when you are known by your face online. No idea if that was what kept him wearing a mask for so long, but that's what came to mind.

www.spiritblade.com

Craig likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 7:36 am