Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Revolution a new JJ Abrams show

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Revolution a new JJ Abrams show Empty Revolution a new JJ Abrams show

Post  Rickster May 16th 2012, 12:21 am

I saw this advertisement for a new show by JJ Abrams which I thought look pretty interesting while not exactly original

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Revolution a new JJ Abrams show Empty Re: Revolution a new JJ Abrams show

Post  DNArington May 16th 2012, 12:42 am

Very cool! That has potential to go in some awesome directions! Makes me wish the DVDs of TV seasons came out sooner.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 16th 2012, 10:27 pm

Could be very cool! A little like The Walking Dead but without the walking dead.

Hopefully they won't take too long before introducing some more sci-fi or fantasy elements. The pendant could be an opening for some really cool sci-fi tech. It will probably take that, or some great character-driven stories, to really hook me in. But so far it looks like it has some real potential.

Thanks for the video, Rickster!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 5th 2012, 11:11 am

The pilot to Revolution is currently available for free on Hulu. I haven't checked it out yet, but I thought I would let you guys know. Cool
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels November 20th 2012, 9:14 pm

So has anybody else watched this? I missed most the season and then caught up. Next week is the last for the season. Overall it was kinda good I thought. Though this last episode started to annoy me by just skipping over tooo much logical facts....ie hallucinations due to lack of oxygen in a huge subway tunnel (at least call it sewer gas!) Anyway, a cool idea. Would have liked more around the pendants and the actual cause of the issue. Though it did keep me coming back to see if they'd say. I'll keep watching for now, we'll see what happens. Anyone else have thoughts??
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington November 22nd 2012, 2:14 am

I watched the first 4-5 episodes, but I just kind of stopped. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, it is a fun show, just because it wasn't a great show. The main problem I have with the show is that the main character is the least interesting character of the show. If the show was based around the Uncle (he was her uncle right?) then the show would have been more interesting IMO. I might catch up before the next season airs though, because I really like the premise and as I said, it is still a fun show
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub November 23rd 2012, 8:56 am

DNArington wrote:I watched the first 4-5 episodes, but I just kind of stopped. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, it is a fun show, just because it wasn't a great show. The main problem I have with the show is that the main character is the least interesting character of the show. If the show was based around the Uncle (he was her uncle right?) then the show would have been more interesting IMO. I might catch up before the next season airs though, because I really like the premise and as I said, it is still a fun show

I've been watching the show weekly since it premiered. I enjoy the story (think Walking Dead w/o the zombies), and it's execution is acceptably done. No one can/has explained why the power went out and what the significance of the necklaces are, which isn't all that necessary. I think they are just a McGuffin in the plot, which is not about the power, but the power struggle that's developing.

Actually, I'll agree with you in the analysis of Charlie. She's looking for her brother, which is a good motivator, but unfortunately makes for a rather weak character. She's the one that's been least developed despite her months long journey to Philly.

The actual development has been in Charlie's Uncle Miles. The story really is revolving around his former relationship/friendship/partnership with Monroe. It took me a few episodes to realize Charlie isn't really the main character in the series. Miles is.

We've seen episodes that focus on individual characters and where they were and how they became who they are now. One focused on Monroe's main guy Neville, and one focused on the brainiac(?) Aaron. But the overall focus of the story is about what's happened between Miles and Monroe. I'm sure the season finale will focus on that dynamic, not Charlie finding her brother Danny. Give it a shot with the menatilty is that the story should revolved around Miles, not Charlie. I bet it'll go up in enjoyment factor for you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 8:49 am