Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Podcast Interviewing Question

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Podcast Interviewing Question Empty Podcast Interviewing Question

Post  DNArington November 29th 2012, 1:39 am

Paeter, do you only interview Christian Sci-Fi/fantasy/horror creators or would you interview a secular creator as well? For instance, I always thought it would be cool if you interviewed Geoff Johns since you are a big fan of his.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Podcast Interviewing Question Empty Re: Podcast Interviewing Question

Post  Paeter November 29th 2012, 2:54 pm

That's a really good question!

Honestly, I'd LOVE to interview Geoff Johns. But until this moment I'd never even considered it.

One reason is my tendency to ask questions that cut to the heart of a person's beliefs about God, the Bible, and the interaction between scripture and the fantasy sci-fi genres. That's what my podcast is about, in a nutshell. I don't know that Geoff would have anything to say in those regards, or that he would be comfortable talking about it openly if he did.

Brent Weeks is a professing Christian (though I didn't know it for sure until I interviewed him) and he didn't respond to my interview request for almost a year, simply because he was wrestling through whether or not to potentially "out" himself as a Christian to his reader base.

So I guess I've just assumed that secular creators just won't have much interest in being interviewed on a specifically Christian show. But let me give it some thought. Maybe I've been limiting myself unnecessarily.

Thanks for the idea.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 29th 2012, 3:24 pm

Hi Alex,

My name is Paeter Frandsen. I'm the creator of a small company called Spirit Blade Productions that produces entertainment and resources for Christian fans of sci-fi, fantasy, comics, horror and gaming. I'm also a long time, devoted fan of Geoff Johns and the writing he has done for DC Comics over the years. I believe his attention to character, legacy and a return to the true sense of heroism has revitalized the DC Comics universe almost single-handedly in recent years.

On our weekly podcast, I sometimes interview creative types to talk about their work, and specifically the philosophical themes present in it. Mr. Johns has long had a wonderful way of bringing wonderful philosophical themes into his writing that resonate with me and many of my listeners as well. I would greatly value the opportunity to briefly interview him for The Spirit Blade Underground Podcast. (You can listen to a few of the interviews I have previously recorded here: http://spiritblade.blogspot.com/p/featured-content.html )

Our podcast has a consistent and growing weekly following of around 400 listeners, with occasional spiking in episodes reaching double that number or more, up to 1,000-2,000.

I understand that Mr. Johns' views may not always line up with my own or those of the Bible. My intent is chiefly to ask about how he approaches blending his worldview into his work, and what philosophies have inspired his views of heroism and morality in the comics he writes. I would be happy to submit all interview questions for advance approval.

I realize that Mr. Johns is incredibly busy. We're also heading into the holiday season, and so he may not have time for an interview with me in the immediate future, but I would love the opportunity to interview him, via phone, skype or alternative method he prefers, whenever it is convenient for him.

If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your consideration,

Paeter Frandsen

Just sent this off to his media person today. Guess we'll see what comes of it, huh?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington November 29th 2012, 9:57 pm

Very cool! I hope something comes of it!
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy November 30th 2012, 11:29 am

Sweet. I hope it works out.

Admin

Post  Paeter November 30th 2012, 6:39 pm

If I get a reply, I'll be sure to post here about it.
    And if he agrees to an interview, I'll post that here as well... right after peeing on myself.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 4th 2012, 3:49 pm

Hi Paeter,
    Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, Geoff's schedule is pretty packed at this time, so we won't be able to move forward with this interview. Thanks in advance for understanding.

Best,

Alex Segura

Executive Director|Publicity |DC Entertainment

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington December 4th 2012, 9:42 pm

Bummer Sad

Sponsored content