Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Question about Podcast ISOT Study

Rohelf
    Rohelf

Activity : 142
    Geek-Cred : 0

Question about Podcast ISOT Study Empty Question about Podcast ISOT Study

Post  Rohelf October 3rd 2018, 12:27 am

I know it's been a while, but before Paeter and John started in on Proverbs, wasn't it originally the plan to take some breaks and do another book every few chapters? I could swear I remember Paeter saying something to that effect, but I can't seem to find the place where he said it. If I am remembering accurately, are we coming up on one of those breaks soon? And if so, what other book is planned for the break material? For some reason I thought James was coming up on the study list soon... I really hope that's accurate/still the case. We've been reading a lot of James at church lately, and I'd like to hear the perspectives of people here on some of what it has to say.

Can either Paeter or John speak to how many more weeks of Proverbs are in the podcast queue, and what's coming after?
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Question about Podcast ISOT Study Empty Re: Question about Podcast ISOT Study

Post  jorowi October 3rd 2018, 12:19 pm

That is the plan. Paeter can provide details but we have material through the end of the year for Proverbs so there will be content interspersed through this ISOT series before switching to another book.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 4th 2018, 9:47 am

Yep, you're right, Kim! John and I just recorded the rest last week, which will take us through the end of Chapter 5 in Proverbs. Then I will take us through James by myself again as usual before going back for another round of chapters in Proverbs with John again, if our schedules allow.

As for time table on the podcast, I'd guess our regular ISOT study will be in Proverbs until January, but it depends on what other topical ISOTs might come up (as they sometimes unexpectedly do) or what other kinds of time-sensitive content might need to take that slot.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 4th 2018, 9:51 am

Rohelf wrote: We've been reading a lot of James at church lately, and I'd like to hear the perspectives of people here on some of what it has to say.

And you can always feel free to put questions about James or any other part of the Bible on the table here for discussion. No need to wait if you've got some itching questions right now. I love getting into that stuff!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 3:47 am