Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

What Geeky Thing Can You Do "Non-Stop"?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Geeky Thing Can You Do "Non-Stop"? Empty What Geeky Thing Can You Do "Non-Stop"?

Post  Paeter September 17th 2015, 11:55 am

By that I mean, what geek hobby could you engage in the longest, without stopping, before becoming bored or too tired to continue? And how long do you think that would be?

With Extra-Life team recruitment going on right now (visit www.agapegeekout.com for more info!) I thought this would be a fun one to think about.

These days I'm usually content to be done for the day after a 2-3 hour stretch of board games. I only read novels about 30 minutes at a time(usually in bed as I'm winding down). And it's hard for me to watch more than 1 movie or 2 TV eps a week. Thankfully, with Extra-Life coming, I can go much longer on video games. I rarely have more than 2 and 1/2 hours at a time to play, but on those rare weekends that I have no other practical, social or familial responsibilities, I can go a good 9-12 hours before I feel like doing anything else.

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

What Geeky Thing Can You Do "Non-Stop"? Empty Re: What Geeky Thing Can You Do "Non-Stop"?

Post  mikel.withers September 17th 2015, 9:19 pm

That's a tough one...
    Let's see, I can play video games until I fall asleep at the keyboard/controller. (I don't do that anymore, but I have in the past)
    A good book can keep me reading until my eyes are so fatigued I can't see much anymore. Back when I was a kid, "Ivanhoe" was a single-sitting book.
    But really, I listen to books non-stop at work. Sci fi, fantasy, alternate history, classics... I force myself to put my MP3 player away when I leave work so that I don't just listen straight through.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

What Geeky Thing Can You Do "Non-Stop"? Empty Re: What Geeky Thing Can You Do "Non-Stop"?

Post  CreatorsPixels September 21st 2015, 1:49 pm

thats tough for me. I love video games, electronics, working on cars, tinkering, building, scifi movies / books.......however I never can settle on just one. Eventually I reach some sort of a stopping point or wall on that little hobby and get distracted by another one! Yes my life is a series of many many unfinished projects!!

Sometimes it varies by season for me. During the summer I have a hard time sitting around playing games, however when its cold and nasty outside it don't take much to convince me to do nothing!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 25th 2015, 5:09 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote:

Sometimes it varies by season for me.  During the summer I have a hard time sitting around playing games, however when its cold and nasty outside it don't take much to convince me to do nothing!

Interesting! I've heard that, partially due to cold weather, Ohio and Indiana have a higher percentage of PnP RPG gamers than elsewhere. What's the longest stretch you think you could do on something before losing interest?

www.spiritblade.com
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels September 29th 2015, 9:59 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Interesting! I've heard that, partially due to cold weather, Ohio and Indiana have a higher percentage of PnP RPG gamers than elsewhere. What's the longest stretch you think you could do on something before losing interest?

It tends to vary a lot.  Usually till I reach some level of accomplishment.  For instance I was way into skyrim but I started getting too busy. Finally I essentially beat it!  Then I had planned to play through the expansions.....well along came the new Zelda game and I haven't played it since.  similarly a few months ago I was totally captivated by the idea of an aluminum furnace and all the things I could cast!  I researched it for weeks.  Finally one day I built it.  I've since made 2 successful pours into nothing and have basically forgot about it for weeks.  Sometimes its longer.  I did astronomy for a couple years and photography for 4 or 5.  Usually I hit some sort of logical or financial barrier and end up moving on to the next new shiny.  Needless to say I have the remnants of lots of hobbies around here!  I may have a condition.............
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 30th 2015, 12:48 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote: I may have a condition.............

lol! Yeah, I'd call that "well-rounded-person-disease"! Very impressive!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 2:43 pm