Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+4
Paeter
tmorrill
ComiKate
BenAvery
8 posters

Upcoming MARVEL Movies!!!

BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Upcoming MARVEL Movies!!! Empty Upcoming MARVEL Movies!!!

Post  BenAvery July 16th 2012, 3:45 pm

I have to say, I have some excitement for each one of these movies, which have been officially announced as upcoming Marvel Studios movies!

http://strangersandaliens.com/2012/07/marvel-movies-revealed/

Most excited about Guardians of the Galaxy, I must say.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Upcoming MARVEL Movies!!! Empty Re: Upcoming MARVEL Movies!!!

Post  ComiKate July 16th 2012, 5:17 pm

First reaction, without thinking about it too long:

Winter soldier - mweh. Don't think so. Don't know the character either, and (therefore?) don't care. Unless there won't be any other movies worth watching at the time it premieres, of course. Cuz then I will have to. Cool

Thor The Dark World: Oh yeah! cheers
    Iron Man 3: Ooooooooh yeah!!! bounce

Guardians of the Galaxy: never heard of them, but you're right, that concept art is pretty amazing. So maybe. Probably. scratch

Ant-Man: Hhh. Really?! And not even Pym? No. No! Evil or Very Mad Unless of course, there are no other movies worth watching etc... cuz then etc. ... Cool

Thanks for the heads up Ben!

tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill July 16th 2012, 6:01 pm

Eh, the only two that I'm really interested in on that list are Captain America and Iron Man 3.

I was deployed to Kuwait with one of the extras from the scene in Iron Man 2 where they land the stolen suit on Edwards AFB.

...Oh and spoiler.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 16th 2012, 9:57 pm

I'll look forward to Cap (won't spoil who the Winter Soldier is, but it's bound to please fans and be an interesting story).

Also looking forward to a Thor movie where they have enough budget so that he doesn't have to LOSE HIS POWERS!!!! (I hate that plot device.) Curious what they'll do with the character, though, now that his main development arc finished at the end of his first movie.

And Guardians of the Galaxy... don't know anything about them. But I'm shocked and saddened that DC infected Marvel with it's "intelligent-talking-cute-animals-as-characters" disease. My biggest pet peeve in all of comics.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338

Post  Rickster July 16th 2012, 10:09 pm

Is it true that it was confirmed Ben Kingsley is playing Mandarin in Iron Man 3?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 16th 2012, 10:11 pm

Yes. Woohoo!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster July 16th 2012, 10:15 pm

Cool When I heard he was cast I thought that would be the perfect part for him.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington July 18th 2012, 12:11 am

Captain America 2 should be awesome! I haven't read the comics it's based off of but I know how it goes and I love that idea!  Very Happy 

Thor 2: I wasn't a huge fan of the first one, (it was fun, but not as good as it should have been.) What I would love to see in a Thor movie is Odin go into his Odinsleep and Thor have to protect Asgard from incoming threats. Then near the end you see Loki again and he in the background subtly controlling events. But that won't happen since they portrayed the Odinsleep as Odin's deathbed it the first one and because of what happened at the end of The Avengers.

GOTG: don't know a lot about them, but I think the idea is pretty cool.
    Paeter wrote: But I'm shocked and saddened that DC infected Marvel with it's "intelligent-talking-cute-animals-as-characters" disease. My biggest pet peeve in all of comics.
    And I completely agree with Paeter on this one. 

Iron Man 3: excited for this one but I don't think I like the way they are going to go (considering the comics they based it off of.) Also not a big fan of Mandarin, just because he uses magic. (I'm not a fan of magic.) I hope they go in the alien technology direction.

Ant Man: At first I thought Ant Man was kind of silly but after watching Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heros he slowly won me over. I'm pumped! Though it better be Hank, and Wasp NEEDS to be in it too. Ultron would be a cool villain for an Ant Man movie.

Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster July 19th 2012, 9:45 pm

DNArington wrote:
    Ultron would be a cool villain for an Ant Man movie.

In the Avengers prequel comic "Nick Fury's Big Week" there was a line close to the end that made me think they were hinting at Ultron
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322

Post  BenAvery July 19th 2012, 10:25 pm

Rumor is someone has been cast to play Falcon:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/anthony-mackie-cast-as-falcon-in-captain-america-2

Interesting.

~ Ben
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster July 20th 2012, 11:07 am

I like how they haven't started filming yet but they have a release date already
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf September 17th 2012, 12:57 pm

Paeter wrote:Also looking forward to a Thor movie where they have enough budget so that he doesn't have to LOSE HIS POWERS!!!! (I hate that plot device.) Curious what they'll do with the character, though, now that his main development arc finished at the end of his first movie.
    I hate it too, though I'd say Thor used it better than most. Still, I'll be glad to see a true Thor story (the only Thor I've seen is the movie and the Hulk animated movie where he and his friend were just curb-stomped and Odin napped...not exactly a good intro to the universe. For that matter, can we actually get Odin doing his thing and not, as Rifftrax put it, "take phoning in his role to a new level by literally falling asleep on camera".
    I take it that the Winter Soldier is a character we should know even if we've only seen the film, Paeter?
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster September 17th 2012, 5:18 pm

I'm begining to think the only thing Odin dose is sleep. It's in almost ever Thor story I've seem
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 17th 2012, 9:14 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:
    I take it that the Winter Soldier is a character we should know even if we've only seen the film, Paeter?

Well, without spoiling, the Winter Soldier is the present-day code name for a character that appeared in the Captain America movie, though I won't say which character it was.

www.spiritblade.com

Post  Guest September 17th 2012, 11:21 pm

Was idly skimming through information on the development of this next wave of Marvel Superhero movies; and was pleased to spot that Christopher Ecclestone is playing a character in the new Thor movie. There's an actor with amazing screen presence and energy, he did such a great job as one of the new Doctor Who's (it was weird seeing him as Destro in the unfortunate G.I. Joe oddity movie).
    Dreamerhorwitz
    Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 77
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz September 19th 2012, 8:44 pm

Hey! This looks like a really good line-up!

Guardians of the Galaxy. I only know about one character (the raccoon from Street fighter Vs. Capcom 3). Might be good.

Ant-Man. Hey! they're giving everyone a chance! Could be fun. Don't know what they're going to do with it, though. scratch
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Post  Dunadwarf September 21st 2012, 11:44 am

Desert Kris wrote:it was weird seeing him as Destro in the unfortunate G.I. Joe oddity movie
    I've never understood why people so hated that movie. Not liking it, I can get, tastes vary, but it was a fun, basic movie. It didn't get bogged down in self-importance and trashiness like Transformers. Was it that it didn't religiously follow the source material? I guess I can see why that bothered fans, but have you watched the old cartoon lately? I did not long ago and, frankly, it's so dumb that it's hard to sit through. Talk about no character development or real stakes. I just don't see the betrayal in the movie.
    It seems that, lately, it's fashionable to utterly hate any adaptation or update on principle, which seems to me as illogical as embracing anything nominally related to your fandom.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 21st 2012, 9:15 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:
    Desert Kris wrote:it was weird seeing him as Destro in the unfortunate G.I. Joe oddity movie
    I've never understood why people so hated that movie. Not liking it, I can get, tastes vary, but it was a fun, basic movie. It didn't get bogged down in self-importance and trashiness like Transformers. Was it that it didn't religiously follow the source material? I guess I can see why that bothered fans, but have you watched the old cartoon lately? I did not long ago and, frankly, it's so dumb that it's hard to sit through. Talk about no character development or real stakes. I just don't see the betrayal in the movie.
    It seems that, lately, it's fashionable to utterly hate any adaptation or update on principle, which seems to me as illogical as embracing anything nominally related to your fandom.

I agree! Not having seen much of the cartoon, I found it a fun, visual ride. Nothing amazing, just pure popcorn fun.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 21st 2012, 9:27 pm

So Kevin Feige, the Marvel President of Production, said recently that there will be no Hulk film till at least after Avengers 2, and then he mentioned maybe adapting the Planet Hulk and World War Hulk into films.

This is actually what I have been saying they should do with the hulk. Perhaps have him kill scores of innocents in a mad rampage in the Avengers2 to push them to the point of trying to dispose of the hulk in the way they do. He could then retunurn in his follow up film or the next Avengers or somthing for World War Hulk.

Here is a link to the article I read about it: http://screenrant.com/incredible-hulk-sequel-avengers-2/
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Post  Dunadwarf September 24th 2012, 12:43 pm

DNArington wrote:Perhaps have him kill scores of innocents in a mad rampage in the Avengers2 to push them to the point of trying to dispose of the hulk in the way they do.
    Did that ever happen in the comics? I only know of the movies and, slightly, the TV show, though I do know enough to know that that's the barest fraction of Hulk's history.
    It'd be a risky, risky thing to have one of your heroes cause such tragedy, even beyond his control. Not that it's a bad idea, but it would be a risky thing to do.
    Frankly most major film and TV (especially TV) could do with taking more risks.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 24th 2012, 7:14 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:
    DNArington wrote:Perhaps have him kill scores of innocents in a mad rampage in the Avengers2 to push them to the point of trying to dispose of the hulk in the way they do.
    Did that ever happen in the comics? I only know of the movies and, slightly, the TV show, though I do know enough to know that that's the barest fraction of Hulk's history.
    It'd be a risky, risky thing to have one of your heroes cause such tragedy, even beyond his control. Not that it's a bad idea, but it would be a risky thing to do.
    Frankly most major film and TV (especially TV) could do with taking more risks.

I am unsure what incited their decision to get rid of Hulk. They might have just decided he was too much of a threat to humanity.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 24th 2012, 10:03 pm

Is the Hulk TV show still happening? Maybe that would be part of the delay in a Hulk movie, too?

www.spiritblade.com
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Post  Dunadwarf September 25th 2012, 5:26 pm

Were people planning a Hulk TV series?
    I think a prequel TV series about Batman's training would be cool IF HANDLED WELL. They'd have to decide from the start to not tease the future characters and situations (and succumb to Smallvilleitis). If it was about original antagonists and allies and featured Bruce Wayne traveling the globe and learning all sorts of new skills (not just fighting, but acting, escaping, detective work, etc.) I think it'd be a cool series.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 27th 2012, 12:13 am

Paeter wrote:Is the Hulk TV show still happening? Maybe that would be part of the delay in a Hulk movie, too?

Last I read they had the first season mapped out and were waiting on an undisclosed talented writer's schedule to open up.

Dunadwarf wrote:I think a prequel TV series about Batman's training would be cool IF HANDLED WELL. They'd have to decide from the start to not tease the future characters and situations (and succumb to Smallvilleitis). If it was about original antagonists and allies and featured Bruce Wayne traveling the globe and learning all sorts of new skills (not just fighting, but acting, escaping, detective work, etc.) I think it'd be a cool series.

Agreed, that could make a great show!

Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 15th 2012, 10:03 pm

In case this no one has heard Antman is coming out November 6, 2015

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 11:31 am